The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
Art is a local farmer whose family has been living off the land for generations. He claimed a small patch of land as people began to return to Appalachia; however, his farm is being plagued by thieving Crater Raiders. After hearing that the Brotherhood First Expeditionary Force had set up at Fort Atlas, Art arrived at their base to try and trade some of his exta crops for protection. Previously, Art heard stories of Taggerdy's Brotherhood "taking things from folks" for the cause, so he wants to make sure that he does not suffer the same fate as those who had their livelihood taken by the Brotherhood. If this new Brotherhood was "on our side," as they claim to be, he sees it as only fair that they would protect local farmers.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Forging Trust: Art is one of four civilians inside Fort Atlas, each with their own problems and requests for the Brotherhood of Steel. Knight Shin asks that the player character interview these civilians, though ultimately Shin discards Art's request. Shin sees no reason to establish such a trade with a local farmer, as he is not willing to spare the men to protect Art's farm in exchange for some measly crops.
Missing data (missing: Inventory)
This article is missing some data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
- Art Knapp: "Cassie Halloway, my sister's girl. About twenty somethin'."
(Art Knapp's dialogue)
- Vault Dweller: "What is it you do?"
Art Knapp: "Farming, such as it is. Got a patch ain't barely more than scald, but it's mine and I manage."
- Vault Dweller: "Tell me more about yourself."
Art Knapp: "Ain't much to tell. Been a farmer, one way or another, all my life. My daddy before me, and so on. Set up in these parts after I heard it was safe again. Turned out there's plenty of Raiders fixin' to take what ain't nailed down. Ain't much use bellyachin' about it, but neither am I just gonna roll over and let some bullies take what's mine."
- Vault Dweller: "Isn't your farm in danger with you away?"
Art Knapp: "Got seed in the ground right now. I ain't yet seen a Raider willing to scrabble in the soil for seeds, so I reckon it'll get by 'til I'm back."
- Vault Dweller: "I was asked to find out what you wanted from the Brotherhood."
Art Knapp: "A fair trade's what I want. I've heard stories about these Steel types back in the day. They was goin' around, takin' things from folks. For the cause, they said, like that don't make 'em Raiders, too. Well, I ain't got much, and I already got to worry about Raiders. So I reckon it's better to make a deal up front. My farm don't produce march, but I've got some extra and I expect they'll have a use for it. In return, I want these Steel boys and girls to keep Raiders away from my farm. Heard a lot of noise they was on our side, so seems fair."