The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
Art, whose Institute designation remains unknown, is a third-generation synth in the Commonwealth in 2287. It is unknown when he was created. All that is known about him is that he is trying to assume the role of Art.
Interactions with the player character
|This character has no special interactions.|
Effects of player's actions
In the random encounter, the player encounters two Arts; one is a synth and one is a human. One of the Arts is pointing a shotgun at the other, on the verge of killing him. The player is given a series of dialogue options and speech checks to determine which is which. In the end, the player can tell the Art with the shotgun to kill the kneeling Art, or spare him (by passing a Charisma check). Sparing the synth may result in him attacking the human Art. This encounter does not always happen as described, sometimes the player will find them simply shooting at each other.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Scavenger outfit||Pipe gun||bottlecaps (0-9)
bobby pins (15% chance each)
25% chance for a basic food item
.38 round x21
- Strong likes it if you tell Art to shoot the other Art.
- Deacon hates it if you tell Art to shoot.
- Deacon likes it if you tell Art to put down his gun, but in effect, the synth becomes hostile and Deacon dislikes it if you shoot the synth in return.
- Cait likes it if you tell Art to shoot and likes if you kill human Art giving you two likes in the one encounter.
- Piper likes it if you tell Art to put down his gun, even if you fail the check.
- Curie likes it if you tell Art to put down his gun, but like Deacon will dislike it if you shoot the synth in return.
- Nick Valentine likes it if you tell Art to put down his gun.
- Hancock loves it if you tell Art to shoot.
- Codsworth dislikes it if you tell Art to shoot. He likes it if you tell Art to put down his gun, even if you fail the check.
- If it comes to a shooting, the synth Art will usually win the encounter since he has a higher damage resistance. It is possible to tell them apart using V.A.T.S. if the player has acquired the Awareness perk.
- Human Art and Art will be a common recurring random encounter, even if both died.
Art appears only in Fallout 4.
- PC Nick Valentine dislikes it if you attack the synth Art, even if synth Art is hostile towards the Sole Survivor. Alternatively, if you let synth Art attack you, Valentine will have no problem with disposing of synth Art for you.[verified]
- PC Deacon dislikes killing the synth Art, even if the real Art is currently in a firefight with the synth Art. Hostility towards the Sole Survivor does not change opinion. [verified]
- PC The random encounter can occur indefinitely at any of the various known locations, despite previous occurrences where the death of one or both Art resulted. If dialog is unable to be initiated, whether the player intervenes or not, the encounter can occur with both synth and human Art hostile to the player upon approach every time thereafter. If player kills human Art under these circumstances and Preston is present as a companion, he may dislike the action. He may also dislike human Art's killing even if synth art is responsible [verified]
- PC It is possible to encounter the two Arts and witness them fight each other to the death without ever allowing the player to engage them in conversation. Afterwards the surviving Art will mention that the other looked just like him, once again without engaging in a conversation. [verified]