| ||For the vehicle in Fallout Tactics, see Armored personnel carrier.|
The unnamed armored vehicle is a six-wheeled infantry fighting vehicle equipped with a turret mounted gun and two forward mounted guns. The vehicle's main gun appears to be very heavy for its class, perhaps equivalent to a light tank gun, such as a 75mm or 105mm weapon, presumably intended to provide heavy fire support for dismounting troops. It has a cramped passenger compartment in the rear. According to a sign located on the rear wall to the left side of the hatch, power armor units were required to stand at all times during transit.
- During War Never Changes, the vehicle can be seen on the street of Sanctuary Hills while soldiers direct the residents towards Vault 111 just before the nuclear bombs hit the Greater Boston area. It is removed sometime before the Sole Survivor leaves Vault 111.
- One can be found carrying several barrels of nuclear waste. It is located on a small island in Misty Lake west of Sanctuary Hills after the Sole Survivor has left Vault 111.
- One can be found just south of the Rotten Landfill on the road adjacent to the freeway.
- One can be found at a military checkpoint near Mass Gravel & Sand and Wattz Consumer Electronics. This unnamed armored vehicle contains a crate with some loot. There is a power armor without a helmet in an advanced storage box at the same location.
- Two can be found on the barge behind the wreck of the USS Riptide.
- An abandoned armored vehicle rammed into a mound of dirt with several armed frag mines around it and an army skeleton inside with a box of 3 fragmentation mines, 2 food items, a silver locket, a weapon (depending on the player's level), and a duffle bag with around 32 pre-war money can be found NNE of Relay Tower 0BB-915.
- Another can be found at a military checkpoint just south of Big John's salvage.
- One can be found in the southwestern edge of Boston Common. It contains some loot and the name "Swann" is written on it.
- One can be found at the Wilson Atomatoys factory, and when fast traveled to after the landing of the Prydwen brotherhood members can be seen walking out of it, suggesting that they may have used it.
- Two can be found to the east of Breakheart Banks. Appearing to be part of a crashed military convoy, one is still on the back of a flat bed semi, and another has fallen off. Location appears to be guarded by leveled military robots.
- One can be found on the road out the front of the Weston water treatment plant.
- Dry Rock Gulch. Two in the military convoy slightly southwest of
- Hubologist's camp. Two in the military convoy south of the
- Upon leaving the Overseer's camp one can be seen in a convoy near Flatwoods.
- Often outside of voting booths such as in Charlestown.
- Some loot can usually be found in or around these vehicles. This includes stimpaks, weapons (dependent on player level) and other items.
- There are unique NPC idle animations that are used with this vehicle. These can be observed by going to any checkpoint where they are found after at least one recurring defense quest is completed. Any surviving allies can be observed apparently restoring or salvaging the vehicles.
- The APC contains a design flaw with the frontal turrets known as a shot trap. Rather than being deflected, shots striking the indented zones from the front may be guided into the turret socket, potentially disabling it.
The armored vehicle appears in Fallout 4 and Fallout 76.