The armor workbench is a crafting table in Fallout 4.
Uses[edit | edit source]
The Sole Survivor can use the armor workbench in order to attach and detach armor mods on body armor parts and some clothing pieces. The armor parts that can be modified are divided into chest, right arm, left arm, right leg and left leg. Armor workbenches can be found all over the Commonwealth, including one outside a house nearby the workshop in Sanctuary Hills, along with a weapons workbench and a power armor station.
Some clothing can be upgraded at the workbench, such as vault jumpsuits and red dresses. When applying an armor mod, the name of the armor part can change accordingly. To create a mod, the Sole Survivor needs proper materials, as well as the corresponding perk, Armorer. The Armorer perk has four ranks, and each rank unlocks another rank tier for armor crafting.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Local Leader, rank two
Armor workbench (1)
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
Some mods will add additional functions to the armor piece.
- Pocketed improves carrying capacity.
- Padded or Dense reduces damage from explosions. This will greatly deflect limb damage.
- Lining will reduce radiation or any specific damage depending of the materials used.
- Light build mods will decrease the weight (WT) and add a few maximum Action Points.
The legs armor have special mods:
- Cushioned, that reduces falling damage
- Strengthened, that reduces limb damage.
- Muffled, that reduces detection from moving.
- Custom Fitted, making sprinting take less AP.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Within settlements[edit | edit source]
These are associated with the workshop for the settlement. With the second level of the Local Leader perk the Sole Survivor can craft weapons workbenches in other settlements. The player character will not be able to access these until they are aligned with the settlement.
Within possible settlements[edit | edit source]
- The Slog
- The Castle
- Bunker Hill, just south of main entrance, down the first right downhill.
- Nuka-World Red Rocket
Other locations[edit | edit source]
These can be used at any time by the player character.
- Andrew station, upstairs.
- ArcJet Systems, inside the building alongside a weapons workbench.
- The Combat Zone, inside.
- Unmarked Red Rocket opposite the Collegiate administration building
- Compound in the room with the Dr. Roslyn Chambers' laboratory.
- Diamond City, to the right of Myrna.
- Dunwich Borers, in the underground caves.
- Easy City Downs
- Fort Hagen filling station
- Fort Strong in one of the rooms just after taking the elevator down.
- Goodneighbor, behind the counter inside Daisy's Discounts.
- Two in Gunners plaza: one on the roof and another in the basement.
- Revere satellite array, the trailers to the south edge of the array.
- Ticonderoga on the highest level.
- Haymarket Mall
- Kendall Hospital
- Monsignor Plaza third floor, by Appliances.
- Parkview Apartments, on the roof.
- The Switchboard, in the room with the Carrington's prototype/Deliverer.
- USAF Satellite Station Olivia, right before going down the bunker.
- Red Rocket between the Diamond City junkyard and NH&M Freight Depot.
- On top of the Red Rocket in Nahant, accessible by the blue truck some feet to the east.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Certain sound effects can get "stuck" to companions and continue to play after said companion quit performing the respective action. Allowing them to re-use the corresponding workbench from where the glitched sound is and let them end its use by themselves without interruptions, the sound glitch should stop and be fixed.
Gallery[edit | edit source]