The armor workbench is a crafting table in Fallout 4.
The Sole Survivor can use the armor workbench in order to attach and detach armor mods on body armor parts and some clothing pieces. The armor parts that can be modified are divided into chest, right arm, left arm, right leg and left leg. Armor workbenches can be found all over the Commonwealth, including one outside a house nearby the workshop in Sanctuary Hills, along with a weapons workbench and a power armor station.
When applying an armor mod, the name of the armor part can change accordingly. To create a mod, the Sole Survivor needs proper materials, as well as the corresponding perk, Armorer. The Armorer perk has four ranks, and each rank unlocks another rank tier for armor crafting.
Local Leader, rank two
Armor workbench (1)
Some mods will add additional functions to the armor piece.
- Pocketed improves carrying capacity.
- Padded or Dense reduces damage from explosions. This will greatly deflect limb damage.
- Lining will reduce radiation or any specific damage depending of the materials used.
- Light build mods will decrease the weight (WT) and add a few maximum Action Points.
The legs armor have special mods:
- Cushioned, that reduces falling damage
- Strengthened, that reduces limb damage.
- Muffled, that reduces detection from moving.
- Custom Fitted, making sprinting take less AP.
These are associated with the workshop for the settlement. The player character will not be able to access these until they are aligned with the settlement.
These can be used at any time by the player.
- Andrew station, upstairs.
- ArcJet Systems, inside the building alongside a weapons workbench.
- Bunker Hill, just south of main entrance, down the first right downhill.
- The Combat Zone, inside.
- Diamond City, to the right of Myrna.
- Dunwich Borers, in the underground caves.
- Easy City Downs
- Fort Hagen filling station
- Goodneighbor, behind the counter inside Daisy's Discounts.
- Two in Gunners plaza, one on the roof and another in the basement.
- Haymarket Mall
- Kendall Hospital
- Monsignor Plaza third floor, by Appliances.
- Parkview Apartments, on the roof.
- USAF Satellite Station Olivia, right before going down the bunker.
- The Castle
- The Slog
- Nuka-World Red Rocket