Created 35 years ago by the Institute in the Commonwealth, Armitage is a quiet android, assigned as the bodyguard of Dr. Zimmer, and is naturally very protective of him. He also shares the same daily routine as well as the same room as Zimmer does. Albeit being an older android model, Armitage is able to eat food, as he has been programmed to replicate human behavior as closely as possible.
Armitage will stay standing next to Zimmer until the quest The Replicated Man is completed.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
|This character drops a finger when killed (Lawbringer).|
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Merc adventurer outfit||Laser pistol||Zimmer's key||Android component|
- If he is killed, one of only four android components in the game can be found on his body (of the other three, one is on Zimmer, one is given to the Lone Wanderer by Victoria Watts and one is on Pinkerton).
- Killing Zimmer before he tries to leave with Harkness in The Replicated Man quest will result in Armitage staying in the Rivet City market.
- He can be killed with no loss of Karma, and killing him with Harkness' permission will not cause Rivet City's security to turn hostile toward the player character.
- "That's close enough. Keep your hands where I can see them."
- "Lay a hand on Doctor Zimmer, and I'll snap your neck like a chicken bone."
- "No, thank you. Please leave Mr. Zimmer and myself alone."
Armitage appears only in Fallout 3.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition, p. 61: "Armitage
Armitage, 35, is Zimmer's imposing bodyguard. He has little to say and will defend Zimmer to the death. Of course, that's because Armitage is actually a robot, of the same class as the replicant they are searching for. Armitage has the same schedule as Zimmer; he sleeps in the same room and eats the same food—not because he has to, but because he's been programmed to replicate human behavior as closely as possible."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)
- Armitage: "Lay a hand on Doctor Zimmer, and I'll snap your neck like a chicken bone."
- The Lone Wanderer: "Okay, so if others have escaped... why are you coming after this one?"
Zimmer: "This particular android... Designation A3-21, is... different. Special. The most advanced synthetic humanoid I've ever developed. The others, like my escort Armitage there, are all older models. Easily replicated."