Armitage is Zimmer's imposing bodyguard, a quiet individual. He will defend Zimmer to the death. Armitage is actually an android, or synth, much like the replicant. Armitage has the same schedule as Zimmer; he sleeps in the same room and eats the same food - not because he has to, but because he has been programmed to replicate human behavior as closely as possible.
Armitage is one of Dr. Zimmer's many androids, created in 2242 at the Institute in the Commonwealth, a region to the north of the Capital Wasteland that was once Massachusetts. His true identity can be revealed in a conversation with Zimmer or by killing him, upon which Armitage drops an android component.
Armitage will stay standing next to Zimmer until the quest The Replicated Man is completed.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character drops a finger when killed (Lawbringer).|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- The Replicated Man: As a bodyguard, Armitage will turn hostile if the Lone Wanderer decides to attack Dr. Zimmer.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Merc adventurer outfit||Laser pistol||Zimmer's key||Android component|
- Despite his status as an android, and his claim that he could "break your neck like a chicken bone," he is no more durable than the average human.
- If he is killed, one of only four android components in the game can be found on his body (of the other three, one is on Zimmer, one is given to the Lone Wanderer by Victoria Watts, and one is on Pinkerton).
- Killing Zimmer before he tries to leave with Harkness in The Replicated Man quest will result in Armitage living forever in the Rivet City market.
- He can be killed with no loss of Karma, and killing him with Harkness' permission will not cause Rivet City's security to turn hostile toward the player character.
- "That's close enough. Keep your hands where I can see them."
- "Lay a hand on Doctor Zimmer, and I'll snap your neck like a chicken bone."
- "No, thank you. Please leave Mr. Zimmer and myself alone."
Armitage appears only in Fallout 3.