Background[edit | edit source]
The last of the military survivors who made Minefield their town, Arkansas was a small boy when the slavers first came and captured nearly all of the tribe, but they never found him. Swearing revenge, he spread rumors of a new band of inhabitants and set a trap for the slavers. When the slavers came to raid the town again, they were harried by a hidden sniper and decimated by landmines. The slavers took heavy losses that day and never came back. Now an old man, Arkansas still shuffles around this place.
Daily schedule[edit | edit source]
Aside from targeting inanimate objects near the Lone Wanderer, he will fire - from his perch in a three-story building at the north end of town - upon the vehicles scattered about the area, causing them to explode, when the player character approaches.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character can be enslaved with the Mesmetron.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Strictly Business: Arkansas is one of the four VIP targets to enslave for Grouse.
- The Wasteland Survival Guide: Arkansas is responsible for scattering frag mines across Minefield, attracting the attention of Moira Brown who sends the Lone Wanderer to investigate.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If Arkansas is captured for the Strictly Business quest, and later released, Arkansas will turn hostile to everyone except the Lone Wanderer. This includes other slaves. If he is spoken to after being released he will say he is heading to the Temple of the Union, which helps escaped slaves. After being released he will return to Minefield and be non-hostile towards the player character and companions (but still hostile to temporary companions), although he will still shoot at the cars in Minefield.
- The explosion of the cars in Minefield is a scripted event based on proximity to the vehicle, which can lead to a confusing situation whereby the cars will still be "fired at" even if Arkansas is asleep or dead.
- With a companion, Arkansas will shoot him or her regardless of hostility towards the player character.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Arkansas appears only in Fallout 3.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]