Antivenom is modern medicine's answer to the tribal antidote by combining nightstalker blood and radscorpion glands which acts as a cure against poison. It is effective against any poison produced by animal (night stalker) or arthropod (bark scorpion, radscorpion, cazador) and fixes the "blur" side effect instantly. It is a purely medicinal consumable with no side effects other than a bad after taste.
This item can be crafted with a Survival skill of 40 upwards and the necessary components:
- Often carried by various Caesar's Legion troops.
- Two near Callville Bay inside the boat hangar in the boat where several young cazadores are.
- Can be found on the shelf to the side of the Vit-o-matic Vigor Tester in Doc Mitchell's house, along with some stimpaks.
- Two can be found in the safe where unique weapon Lucky is found in the Bison Steve Hotel in Primm.
- One can be found on the floor at Raul's Shack.
- One can be found on a table in the Camp Forlorn Hope medical center, to the right upon entering.
Behind the scenes
Originally, it was planned to have specific types of antivenom for the different types of venom each creature, but at some point during development, the antivenom items was simplified to a cure all generic antivenom. However, there are several variations of the antivenom flask with the game files with differing textures and model names, antivenombark, antivenomcaz and antivenomrad, signifying what type of venom they were meant for.
Interestingly, the models for these other variants of antivenom are not unused but actually repurposed for other items. The model for antivenombark is reused for Bitter drink and Tremble, antivenomcaz reused for Bleak venom and Datura hide, and antivenomrad is reused for Mother Darkness and Weapon binding ritual.