Anthony is the owner of New Urban Apparel, a shop that sells clothing items to the residents of Tenpenny Tower. As one of the few purveyors of high-quality clothes, his selection is unrivaled within the Capital Wasteland. Anthony has salvaged many pre-War items over time, and their excellent condition is a point of pride for him.
Interactions with the player character
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|This character is a merchant.||Caps: 260-540|
Sells: armor and clothing
|This character is involved in quests.|
Effects of player's actions
- Robbing his safe results in Ling informing the Lone Wanderer that he is frustrated that Tenpenny Tower isn't as safe as he thought and leaving.
- If forced out of Tenpenny Tower through dialogue, he may be found loitering around Megaton's entrance.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Pre-War casualwear||Tenpenny resident's key||Anthony Ling inventory key|
- He will comment negatively on the Lone Wanderer's clothing, regardless of what they are wearing.
- Anthony Ling can vanish from Tenpenny Tower if he has been robbed before trying to convince him to live with ghouls, but after talking to Mr. Tenpenny he will be noted as convinced and payment can be received.
- Anthony's AI packages suggest he may be homosexual. In particular, he is assigned a script package with the ID AnthonyLingFlirtWithMaleGuards, which directs him to seek out Tenpenny guards and engage them in conversation. Millicent Wellington makes a reference to him flirting with the guards in one of the random conversations she may have with her husband. She suggests, however, that Ling should find a nice girl to settle down with.
- " "
- "I'm always glad to see a customer, especially if they are dressed so hideously. Seriously, we have to get you a new wardrobe."
- " "
Anthony Ling appears only in Fallout 3.
Vault 101 and Megaton (blown-up). The player character can speak to him and he will act as if he is still in Tenpenny Tower.[verified]Occasionally, he can be found wandering around the areas of
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition pp.60-61: "Anthony Ling
The owner of New Urban Apparel, he sells all manner of clothing items to the residents of Tenpenny Tower. His selection is unmatched in the entire D.C. Wasteland, and he's particularly proud of the excellent condition pre-War items he has managed to salvage throughout the years."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)