|For a cross-game overview of this perk, see Animal Friend.|
“At the first rank of this perk, animals simply won't attack. At the second rank, they will actually come to your aid in combat, but never against another animal.”— In-game description
With the first rank, these animals do not attack the Courier. With the second rank, they assist in combat, but never against other animals.
This perk affects:
- Despite being classified as animals for the Animal Control challenge, lakelurks and fire geckos are unaffected by this perk. Conversely, night stalkers are affected by this perk, despite being classified as abominations.
- In Goodsprings, rather than fleeing, the bighorners will attack the locals or Powder Gangers during the quest "Ghost Town Gunfight" or "Run Goodsprings Run."
- This perk allows to bypass fighting with Antony's legion mongrels via dialogue, when trying to get back Sergeant Teddy.
- During the main quest You'll Know It When It Happens, control of the search dog can be taken from the ranger, allowing the Courier to find the disguised engineer on their own.
- Gabe's bowl with Dr. Borous. The perk enables a line of dialogue when talking about
- Dead Horses. With the second rank of this perk, animals will not come to aid the player when they are fighting members of the
- The Courier: "The mongrels won't touch me. Animals like me."
Antony: "I thought something was wrong. We usually have to pull them off any visitors to the Fort. Well, that's no fun. Take the bear. I'll find them something else to chew on."
- The Courier: "Well, it seems to me it belongs to a friend of yours."
Doctor Borous: " -And when I would talk to him about Betsy - and how Marcus would beat on me and call me Smarty Sissy Pants, he'd just sit there, head on my knee.- -And...- -...- -If you don't mind, I'll take that bowl. Just... need to remove it. Put it away. Somewhere out of radar range.- -For some reason, its similarity to the Crater-shape of Big MT is starting to fill up all available cognitive spaces.- -That, combined with my own overwhelming feeling of having done something terrible... the two are hitting me with... unexpected force.-"
(Dr. Borus' dialogue)