| ||For other characters named Anderson, see Anderson.|
Doc Anderson is a traveling doctor in the Commonwealth in 2287. She can be recruited into settlements as soon as a surgery center has been constructed, and there are 20 settlers total in the linked settlements.
This section is needed but has not been written yet. You can help Nukapedia by writing it.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is a temporary companion.|
|This character is a permanent companion. They grant the - perk.|
|This character is a doctor.||
|This character is a merchant.||Caps: 720|
|This character can repair items.||Repair cap: -|
|This character rents beds.||Cost: - caps.|
|This character can modify weapons.||
|This character starts quests.||
|This character is involved in quests.||
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
- The small house just south of Drumlin Diner.
- Campfire northwest of Old Gullet sinkhole, east-southeast of nearby 3 way road intersection, a little south of Mass Fusion containment shed.
- Campfire northwest of Westing Estate.
- Campfire near Concord, adjacent to road heading east from town.
- Campfire southeast of ArcJet Systems.
- Under a motorway exit bridge east of Walden Pond.
- Campfire southwest of Museum of Witchcraft.
- Campfire west of relay tower 1DL-109, east of Boston City Works operations building.
- Campfire southwest of Peabody house.
- If assigned as a surgery center vendor in a settlement, it becomes a level 4 vendor with special items. Doc Anderson sells Addictol while other settlers assigned to a surgery center do not. She also has consistent supplies of Buffout, Jet, Med-X, Mentats and Psycho, where other settlers will carry only a few of these chems at a time.
- If assigned to a surgery center, her cap-count rises from somewhere around 200 or 300 to 700+.
- Doc Anderson does not have a "Trade" option so you cannot reacquire weapons she may take during settlement attacks. Keep this in mind when having her in your settlement. She will not take weapons if she doesn't have the ammo for it, so storing weapons is safe as long as you don't store ammo. You may use console command OpenActorContainer 1 to open a targets inventory so you may add/remove any item you wish just as you would using the Trade command.
Doc Anderson appears only in Fallout 4.
- PC Xbox One The dialogue option to recruit her may not even be available when one meets her.[verified]
- PC Xbox One Some Level 4 merchants won't travel to or stay at a settlement after being assigned there. The Level 4 merchants seem to remain at a settlement after being assigned there after Patch 1.4. [verified]
- After the merchant has been assigned, disable them and any other travelling companions they spawned with, such as accompanying mercenaries ("prid [ref id]", "disable"); fast travel away from the area they spawned in; then walk, don't fast travel, back to that exact same area and a different random encounter should occur, such as wild mongrels or synths; if so, re-enable the merchant ("prid [ref id]", "enable"); fast travel to the assigned settlement; and finally, move the merchant to the player character (prid 00190047, moveto player). Now the merchant should stay put.
- For some reason she can just go away from the settlement and nothing can stop her when using moveto and enable commands. If this happens, try to wait a day after asking to join the settlement. Then use player.moveto 00190047 command. It should teleport the player to the place where they had met her, but there will be only another encounter. After dealing with enemies (if any) use prid 00190047 and enable commands. She will appear and travel by herself to the assigned place after some time (usual for other NPCs). It seems that she becomes disabled when she should start her journey to the settlement.
- Another workaround is the same as the one with Ron Staples. If one meets her and she does not leave the cabin close to Drumlin Diner, disable her, fast travel far away, get back to Drumlin diner and the cabin, enable her. watch out though, as if there's a random encounter like wild mongrels, synths, raiders, or super mutants, she's likely to die fast. From here she travels off heading for Corvega facility, passing the destroyed house where the roachking might lie in wait, turns to Jalbert brothers and proceeds to Graygarden. She then wanders further between Arcjet and rocky narrows (Gunner-zone), leaves Gorski's to her right and eventually arrives at Abernathy's farm.
- When summoning her to the settlement with the moveto player console command when she failed to show up after being recruited, she could be assigned to the surgery center, but would walk off and disappear, even after using the fixes suggested above. Attempting to summon her back with moveto player did nothing (she failed to appear near my character). However, using prid 00190047 then disable and enable, then finally summoning her with moveto player caused her to appear again, work correctly, and stay in the settlement for good afterward. It would seem that before any fixes work on her permanently, she first has to "get lost", be disabled, enabled, then summoned to the desired settlement and assigned.
- Another reason why this bug might occur is by recruiting her to a settlement with "maximum population". Try to increase the player's Charisma or move one of the pre-existing settlers to another settlement then recruit her.
- PC Playstation 4 Xbox One Sometimes Doc Anderson's random encounter may spawn again after recruiting her. [verified]
- The best thing to do is to walk away from her and not talk to her and she should be back in her assigned settlement. Talking to her and recruiting her again can trigger a clone (ref id ff07faf1) to be sent to a settlement.