Fallout Interactive Experience
Do you like this video?
“Loading Anchorage, Alaska simulation. Mission: the Liberation of Anchorage Alaska from Communist Chinese forces. Safeties: Disengaged.”— Fallout 3 loading screens
The simulation was created by Virtual Strategic Solutions for the U.S. Army. It can be found and entered at the Outcast outpost in the old VSS Facility at Bailey's Crossroads. It takes place in Anchorage, part of the pre-War state of Alaska.
- While there are map markers in the simulation, fast travel is not available to any of these locations.
- It is possible to transfer some items like the repellent stick into the simulation because they are quest items and can't be removed.
- While in the simulation, if the Cannibal perk is active, it is possible to devour the corpses before they disappear.
- Once the simulation is over, it cannot be used again in the game. Trying to activate the simulation again will simply result in the message "You must wear a neural interface suit to start the simulation" being displayed, even if the suit is equipped.
- The Mysterious Stranger can appear in the simulation just as in the Capital Wasteland, provided one has the perk.