The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
To survive against the Scorched Plague that spreads among the humans of Appalachia, the Responders attempted to create a vaccine years ago. The project was not successful at preventing their demise, but maybe Dr. Hudson left behind enough data to complete it and save the Vault 76 dwellers.
|Main quest: An Ounce of Prevention|
|Access the terminal at AVR Medical Center.|
|Collect a Type-T Fuse from Greg's Mine Supply.|
|Collect a blood sample from a Mole Rat, a Feral Ghoul, and a Wolf.|
|Return to the AVR Medical Center and load the blood samples into the centrifuge.|
|Synthesize the vaccine using the terminal.|
|Enter the machine and inoculate yourself.|
|Reward: Legendary leather armor|
Scorched plague inoculation
Photo frame - The Responders
|Completed. Leads to Into the Fire|
- After completing Final Departure, the next stop is Charleston and the AVR Medical Center. Hudson's lab is located in the southwestern corner of the facility, in the basement (either drop down through the cafeteria floor or use the staircase by the street exit). Use the terminal to learn the story and that she almost completed her research. The automatic software set up by the doctor is set up to auto-create a vaccine from the DNA of mole rats, feral ghouls, and wolves.
- The player characters need to collect that and a type-T fuse. The fuse can be found in the Charleston trainyard.
- Each of the animals is located in the wilderness around Charleston: Mole rats are in the river bed, west of the Charleston trainyard, feral ghouls are found all over Charleston, mostly in the eastern parts and around the Capitol Building, while wolves are up the hill southeast of Charleston, up towards the Ash Heap.
- Once the player character has all four ingredients, they just need to get back to the AVR Medical Center and Hudson's lab, place the replacement fuse in the fuse box under the stairs, put the blood samples in the centrifuge by the AVR medical terminal, analyze them, then use the Sympto-Matic to inoculate themselves. Claire Hudson's recording will play, directing them to the Fire Breathers of the Charleston Fire Department.
Behind the scenesEdit
The title is a reference to the famous Benjamin Franklin axiom that "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure," meaning that taking small steps to prevent a major problem is easier than dealing with the problem itself.
PC The map marker for the Type-T fuse may focus on an underground tunnel instead of the item. The item can be found in an explosives crate in the eastern storage room of Greg's Mine Supply.
- As of patch 126.96.36.199, the fuse is found in the Charleston trainyard.