The ammunition plant is a constructible piece of machinery used for manufacturing added in the Fallout 4 add-on Contraptions Workshop. The plant requires 8 power and does not have to be connected via a wire, any power going through the line will automatically connect it to the system. In order to build the ammunition plant, the Sole Survivor must have at least one rank in the Gun Nut and Science! perks.
- The recipes of the ammunition this machine can craft are accessible via a terminal.
- More ammunition recipes may be unlocked by leveling up the Gun Nut perk.
- All the types of bullets are churned out in batches of 10 every 10 seconds, provided the electricity and material requirements are met and the type of ammunition has been selected previously on a terminal.
- Only one ammunition plant will show up in the connected terminal's control menu regardless of how many plants are actually linked into the network. This makes it impossible to mass-produce several ammo types in parallel without setting up an independent power network for each plant.
Gun Nut (1)
Ammunition plant (1)
Ammunition types and requirements
|Ammunition||Perk Requirement||Items Needed|
|10mm round||Gun Nut: 1|
|2mm EC||Gun Nut: 4|
|.308 round||Gun Nut: 1|
|.38 round||Gun Nut: 1|
|.44 round||Gun Nut: 3|
|.45 round||Gun Nut: 2|
|.50 caliber||Gun Nut: 4|
|5.56mm round||Gun Nut: 3|
|5mm round||Gun Nut: 1|
|Shotgun shell||Gun Nut: 2|
- Just as with settlement workshops, it is not necessary to load the plant with raw components if sufficient junk is loaded instead. For instance, a pencil will satisfy the lead requisite to craft .308, .44 or .50 calibers.
- When adding large amounts of each component, shut down the system first beforehand.
- If the conveyor that is a part of the model isn't moving but the attached conveyors are, store the ammunition plant in a workshop, then replace it.
- The ammunition plant cannot be used to craft ammunition from the Far Harbor and Nuka-World add-ons (e.g. .45-70 and 7.62 rounds).