The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
The area initially seems to be haunted: Screams can be heard and the ground shakes every so often, picture frames in the cabins spin in an unsettling, haunted manner, and doors may be seen closing by themselves. However, all these events are controlled by a terminal in a treehouse to the south of the cabins. The terminal allows one to control the effects individually, but can also run an automated sequence.
The main area has four cabins that surround an unusable makeshift bonfire pit. There is a raised picnic area to the north of the westernmost cabin. The picnic area contains a grill, an overturned table and an upright table with some minor things on it. There is a covered bulletin board on the trail between the western cabins. That trail leads to an outhouse that is visible from the bulletin board. The southwestern cabin is the largest cabin, and each cabin has suitcases and other miscellaneous searchable containers. The treehouse is up the hill, south of the cabins.
- Alpine River Cabins complaint - Holotape, on a table near the entrance of one of the cabins, next to an ashtray and a couple cigarettes.
- Alpine River Cabins guestbook - Note, west of the cabins along a trail.
- Rita - The Fire Breather - Holotape, on top of a safe inside the southern cabin.
- AUTOMATED RECORD 0000002 - Holotape, in a crate designated "mysterious box".
- Two random Vault-Tec bobbleheads:
- On top of a bunk bed in the eastern cabin.
- Underneath a bunk bed in the southern cabin.
- Two random magazine
- On the round table in the tree house.
- On the lower bunk of a bunk bed in the southern cabin.
- Random recipe - On a picnic table in the picnic area overlooking the cabins.
Alpine River Cabins appears only in Fallout 76.