The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
The area initially seems to be haunted: Screams can be heard and the ground shakes every so often, picture frames in the cabins spin in an unsettling, haunted manner, and doors may be seen closing by themselves. However, all these events are controlled by a terminal in a treehouse to the south of the cabins. The terminal allows one to control the effects individually, but can also run an automated sequence.
The main area has four cabins that surround an unusable makeshift bonfire pit. There is a raised picnic area to the north of the westernmost cabin. The picnic area contains a grill, an overturned table and an upright table with some minor things on it. There is a covered bulletin board on the trail between the western cabins. That trail leads to an outhouse that is visible from the bulletin board. The southwestern cabin is the largest cabin, and each cabin has suitcases and other miscellaneous searchable containers.
Screams can be heard and the ground shakes every so often in this small group of cabins. The picture frames in the cabins spin and move in and unsettlingly haunted manner. Doors can also be seen and heard closing by themselves without any contact with the player character or an enemy. They tend to close by themselves even a brief moment after being opened. Up the nearby hill, there is a treehouse that contains a terminal. Currently set on automatic mode, you can individually select different modes. Including drawing more enemies or wildlife to the cabins as well as initiating all the haunting effects.
- Alpine River Cabins complaint - Holotape, on a table near the entrance of one of the cabins, next to an ashtray and a couple of cigarettes.
- Alpine River Cabins guestbook - Note, west of the cabins along a trail.
- Rita - The Fire Breather - Holotape, on top of a safe inside the southern cabin.
- AUTOMATED RECORD 0000002 - Holotape, in a crate designated "mysterious box".
- Two potential Vault-Tec bobbleheads:
- In the eastern cabin, on top of a bunk bed.
- In the southern cabin with the bear rug, underneath a bunk bed.
- Two potential magazines:
- In the treehouse to the south, next to the "spooky" effects terminal on the round table.
- In the southern cabin with the bear rug, on the lower bunk of a bunk bed.
- Potential recipe - On a picnic table in the picnic area overlooking the cabins.
Alpine River Cabins appears only in Fallout 76.