Allen Mack has taught basic survival skills to his children but isn't overly fond of showing emotion. Should the previous overseer, Alphonse Almodovar, ever become incapacitated, Allen has vowed to take over the running of Vault 101.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Trouble on the Homefront: If Mack has become overseer, it is impossible to reason with him. This eliminates one of the possible solutions to the quest.
Effects of player's actionsEdit
- If the Lone Wanderer killed Alphonse during "Escape!," Allen will be elected the new overseer and will be even more oppressive than the previous one.
- In the event that he becomes overseer, Allen Mack cannot be reasoned with. The Lone Wanderer has to either kill him or help him to keep Vault 101 closed.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
Pre-War baseball cap
Vault 101 utility jumpsuit
* Vault 101 security armor
|* Assault rifle|
* Only during Trouble on the Homefront if he becomes the overseer.
- During the quest Escape!, it is impossible to enter the room where the Macks live (without cheating or hacks). Viewing Vault 101 in the G.E.C.K. reveals that Mack's 'room' is just a short stretch of the corridor without entrances. It is impossible to enter his room due to the fact that he is scripted to become the new overseer should the current one die. This preserves the storyline for Trouble on the Homefront.
- One of his combat lines include "The Overseer will hear about this!", even after he becomes the overseer.
- Even though he and his wife are Asian, their children are all Caucasian.
- It is possible that they adopted all three of the children, but if the kids themselves are related it is unknown.
- Even if Mack becomes the overseer, Amata will still refer to the overseer as her father.
- "You! This is your fault! You and your stupid father! He had to go and leave, didn’t he? He had to mess things up for everybody!"
- "And while we're down here, I'm in charge. Like the G.O.A.T. said: "To whom we owe everything, including our lives?" The Overseer! And that's me!"
- "What's the matter, runt? Did I hit a sore spot? I always knew we shouldn't have taken him in, and it looks like I was right all along. A perfect example of why we need to keep the Vault shut! Now, I'll make this easy for you. You can walk away and let me handle the Vault, or I can put you down like a rabid dog. Your choice, kid."
- "You know what? I hear the last Overseer tried being reasonable about things, and you killed him for his efforts. I think I'll skip the "reasonable" thing and just kill you now."
Allen Mack appears only in Fallout 3.