The All-American is the unique variant of the semi-automatic Marksman carbine with woodland camouflage, a magazine capacity of 24 and a higher magnification scope. It also bears the distinctive 82nd "All-American" Airborne division insignia.
It is highly accurate, reliable and powerful with its fast rate of fire and low Action point cost, making it one of the most versatile weapons in the game. This versatility includes the wide range of 5.56mm ammunition types; characters should be sure to stock up on different 5.56mm variants to utilize this weapon to its full potential.
The All-American can fire a total of about 1995 standard rounds, the equivalent of 84 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
|Standard, HP, AP & match||1995||84|
|.223 caliber round||2495||104|
- Marksman carbine, a rare standard variant with slightly reduced damage, rate of fire, a smaller magazine and less zoom.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
It is located in Vault 34's armory (opened with the overseer's terminal), on an overturned table to the right side of the armory. If a human or ghoul companion is following when the armory is accessed, they may pick up the All-American. Also, the ghouls can kick around the weapon, and explosions can send it flying, so if the gun isn't on the table or in a companion's inventory, make sure to search the armory thoroughly.
- The scope has the same crosshairs and 3.5x magnification as the sniper rifle and the Gobi Campaign scout rifle.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Its name is a reference to the 82nd Airborne Division, nicknamed the "All-American" division because upon activation in 1917 it was found to contain draftees from all forty-eight states then recognized.
- The All-American was designed by J.E. Sawyer.
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 When equipped, the Airborne decal on the gun is replaced by a copy of the gun's texture sheet. [verified]
- Xbox 360 When going into zoom mode with the weapon equipped, a blank terminal screen may come up (re-loading the last save will fix this). [verified]
- Playstation 3 When dropped, it can disappear for no apparent reason (re-loading a previous save may fix this). [verified]