It can be used to increase the condition of the currently equipped weapon, up to a maximum of 100%. Earth weapons are extremely rare aboard the ship, so the epoxy is the only alternative to repair weapons brought aboard. The percentage repaired depends on the user's Repair skill:
|Repair Skill||Weapon Condition|
Since they have no weight, all tubes found can be carried without being over-encumbered. While the effect of one tube may not conform to the table above, it is always possible to increase a weapon's condition to 100% by applying multiple tubes consecutively, regardless of a player character's Repair skill. Alien epoxy cannot repair armor or clothing.
Alien epoxy comes in tubes; over 100 can be found on the mothership:
- 16 in the weapons lab
- 12 in the biological research
- 10 in the robot assembly
- Eight in the engine room
- Five in the living quarters
- Alien epoxy cannot be applied in the repair menu. Rather, it can be found in the "Aid" section of the Pip-Boy and used like any other consumable to repair the currently equipped weapon.
- The weapon must be equipped in order for the epoxy to repair it. Therefore, alien epoxy cannot repair completely broken weapons.
- Upon completion of Mothership Zeta, talking to Sally every 24 hours will yield a random item, which could be alien epoxy.
Behind the scenes
An "epoxy" is a step-growth thermoset polymer that solidifies around the applied area, such as glue.