The alien blaster is a energy weapon with decent damage output but is impractical for regular use due to the rarity of alien blaster rounds. A fusion magazine mod will convert the weapon to shoot the more common fusion cells but will also reduce the damage output and ammo capacity.
The weapon is made of a combination of a steel-like metal, orange and red plastic-like furnishings, with highlights of blue pulsing energy. On the side is a button that opens a blue ringed cap. When the cap is open, the player character will load alien blaster rounds into it. The two pronged sights are also lined up through a hole with no recognizable front sight or barrel.
- Toxic pond and wreckage - (northwest of the butterfly on the map) inside a broken safe submerged in a toxic pond.
- When using the standard magazine, alien blaster rounds will drop as contextual ammo from Daily Ops.
- Ammunition for the alien blaster is located southeast of Black Mountain Ordnance Works, at TNT dome #2. The plans to convert the weapon to shoot fusion cells are also located there.
- Like other ammunition drops in the game, the alien blaster rounds at TNT dome #2 will periodically respawn, allowing the player character to replenish their supply without converting the weapon to fusion cells.
- This weapon is affected by the Grounded mutation.
- The fusion mag cannot be found as a mod box, however, it can be crafted with the associated plan.
- The alien blaster cannot drop as a legendary weapon.
- Prior to One Wasteland For All, the alien blaster provided the damages of 15, 19, 22 and 25 at levels 20, 30, 40, and 50; respectively.