The alien blaster is a pistol with decent damage, but it is impractical due to its very rare ammo. A fusion mag mod will convert the weapon to fire fusion cells, but will reduce the weapon's damage output.
The weapon is of clear extraterrestrial design with its curved sleek forms, though it does resemble a pistol. The whole weapon is made of a combination of a steel-like metal, orange and red plastic-like furnishings, with highlights of blue pulsing energy. Unlike a human weapon, the blaster ends with a cone-shaped muzzle with no recognizable barrel. On the side is a button that opens a circular blue ringed cap. When the cap is open, alien blaster rounds can be loaded into the weapon. The two pronged sights are lined up through a hole with no front sight.
- At the toxic pond and wreckage, inside a broken safe, submerged in a pool of toxic water.
- Berkeley Springs station
- Ammunition for the alien blaster exists southeast of Black Mountain Ordnance Works, at TNT dome #2. The plans to convert the weapon to fusion cells exists here also.
- Like other ammunition drops in the game, the alien blaster rounds at TNT dome #2 will periodically respawn, allowing for replenishing the supply without converting the weapon to fusion cells.
- Affected by the Grounded mutation.
- Prior to One Wasteland, the Alien Blaster provided damage of 15, 19, 22 and 25 at levels 20, 30, 40, and 50, respectively.