Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The alien blaster is a energy pistol with decent damage but is impractical to use due to the rarity of alien blaster rounds. A fusion mag mod will convert the weapon to shoot fusion cells but will also reduce the damage output.
The weapon is of clear extraterrestrial origin, with its curved sleek forms; though it does resemble a man-made pistol. The weapon is made of a combination of a steel-like metal, orange and red plastic-like furnishings, with highlights of blue pulsing energy. Unlike a man-made pistol, the blaster ends with a cone-shaped muzzle with no recognizable barrel. On the side is a button that opens a blue ringed cap. When the cap is open, alien blaster rounds can be loaded into the weapon. The two pronged sights are lined up through a hole with no front sight.
Weapon modifications[edit | edit source]
Variants[edit | edit source]
Location[edit | edit source]
- At the toxic pond and wreckage (northwest of the butterfly on the map) inside a broken safe submerged in a pool of toxic water.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Ammunition for the alien blaster is located southeast of Black Mountain Ordnance Works, at TNT dome #2. The plans to convert the weapon to shoot fusion cells are also located there.
- Like other ammunition drops in the game, the alien blaster rounds at TNT dome #2 will periodically respawn, allowing the player character to replenish their supply without converting the weapon to fusion cells.
- Affected by the Grounded mutation.
- Prior to One Wasteland For All, the alien blaster provided damage of 15, 19, 22 and 25 at levels 20, 30, 40, and 50, respectively.
- The alien blaster cannot drop as a legendary weapon.