|For an overview of alien blaster models, see alien blaster.|
The alien blaster is one of the most powerful weapons in the game due to a critical hit being guaranteed. This weapon will be able to take down most foes with a single shot to the head.
This weapon also has the effect of disintegrating any enemy killed with a critical hit, identical to a laser weapon (with the exception that the disintegration effect is colored blue instead of red).
The alien blaster can fire a total of around 125 shots, equivalent to 13 reloads, from full condition before breaking but will not jam until approximately 120 shots.
- Firelance - Harder to obtain, yet slightly weaker than the blaster; the Firelance causes fire damage if the target survives the initial blast. This weapon is affected by the Pyromaniac perk.
- Captain's Sidearm - A unique, cleaner and shinier variant of the alien blaster which uses alien power modules. It is wielded by the alien captain.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
- Alien crash site - Located due north of MDPL-13 power station and northwest of the Greener Pastures disposal site. The blaster can be found next to the body of a dead alien lying a few feet away from their crashed spaceship. There are also 120 alien power cells found at the site.
- Adams Air Force Base - Held in the launch platform base's armory on the mobile base crawler in a locked gun case (Hard) along with plenty of ammunition. Sometimes, an Enclave soldier may carry an additional alien blaster. In some cases, the armory master may take the alien blaster from the gun case and use it, allowing one to loot it from his body.
- Dogmeat can be used to help recover the blaster and scattered ammo from the crash site without triggering the Mothership Zeta quest line.
- The blue neon glow turns off when the player character enters sneak mode.
- On Mothership Zeta, none of the aliens use this weapon besides the captain (which is a unique version).
- In an early piece of concept art (see below), the weapon was portrayed as a small alien ship, with an added grip to be used as a handgun.
- The alien blaster can be given to Protector Casdin for the usual payment options.
- With Mothership Zeta installed, the Lone Wanderer will be abducted before being able to pick up the alien blaster from the crash site, though it can be picked up after they return.
- The spent alien power cell will appear dimmer when reloading, as if drained of power. The replacement that the Lone Wanderer reloads the blaster with will appear with the same blue glow as normal.