The alien atomizer is an energy weapon of alien origin which is added to Fallout 3 with the release of the Mothership Zeta add-on. It is a standard sidearm that is carried by many aliens found throughout the ship.
The atomizer is an alien pistol commonly used by the aliens onboard Mothership Zeta.
It has an average rate of fire and does relatively high damage when compared to other sidearms found throughout the Capital Wasteland, With 0 spread it is also dead-on accurate, making shots fire exactly on the crosshair for a 100 energy weapons skill user. It has a very high item HP, and its ray will ignite gas leaks it travels through.
Note also that this weapon has an exceptionally high value-to-weight ratio (250 caps per pound at full repair), so scavenging the dozens of atomizers found in the course of Mothership Zeta's main quests can be a very lucrative endeavor.
An alien atomizer can fire a total of about 714 times, the equivalent of 36 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
- Atomic pulverizer - Although only slightly more powerful than the atomizer, the pulverizer uses only 12 AP to fire a shot.
|The following is based on Fallout 3 cut content.|
- Two additional, identical versions of this weapon are present in the add-on's code. Examined in the G.E.C.K. they differ only by their IDs, DLC05WeapPistolB and DLC05WeapPistolC. They are otherwise identical to normal alien atomizers and are even affected by the Xenotech Expert perk, but cannot be used to repair alien atomizers or their variants. Though not placed anywhere in the add-on, these weapons have been known to show up on occasion.
|End of information based on Fallout 3 cut content|
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
- Used by regular aliens
- Five in the weapons lab
- Two in the hangar
- One in the Death Ray hub
- One in the hangar
The weapon also appears in Fallout: New Vegas as legacy content in the game files. However it can only be acquired through console commands player.additem f26d3 1. It has no name or Pip-Boy image, and when equipped it acts like a gauntlet rather than a gun.
- Sometimes, this weapon is not able to be equipped. Dropping all atomizers and picking them up again can fix this. [verified]
- Sometimes, the weapon cannot be unequipped. It cannot be removed from the player's inventory and after loading a game it will always be in his/her hand, even if another weapon had previously been equipped. [verified]
- Sometimes, the weapon will be held in front of the player, as if looking down its "iron sights". [verified]