Although well-mannered, Ahzrukhal is sneaky and sleazy and is adept at feeding peoples' misery. He dismisses others' morality and substitutes his own, rationalizing Charon's perpetual servitude to him as Charon's own error. In Ahzrukhal's opinion, the more miserable the patrons of his establishment are, and the more they drink, the more money ends up in his pocket. He hates competition and wishes to rid himself of Greta, who runs the only other bar in Underworld with her partner Carol, although the note on his terminal suggests the real reason he wants to get rid of Greta is so he could get Carol hooked on chems. He relies on Charon to protect him and his bar.
Interactions with the player character
|This character drops a finger when killed (Lawbringer).|
|This character is a merchant.||Caps: yes|
Sells: alcohol, some chems
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Agatha's Song: He'll buy the Soil Stradivarius (pronounced "swal") for 200 caps (or 300 with a Speech check), as an alternative to returning it to Agatha.
- Hired Help: Asking Ahzrukhal about alternatives to paying for Charon's contract starts the quest.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Dirty pre-War businesswear||Chinese pistol||Ninth Circle supply key|
- He has a unique voice that no other male ghoul has. It is much more gravelly and deep, and somewhat more refined both in accent and diction. He also makes wheezy gasping noises occasionally when taking a pause between sentences.
- Attempting to speak to him with a gun drawn leads him to threaten to unleash Charon.
- Turning off the radio at the bar causes Ahzrukhal to shout at the Lone Wanderer and turn it back on. Doing it enough will make him attack.
- Hacking Ahzrukhal's computer will reveal some of his misdeeds, including planning to steal medicine from Doc Barrows to sell at his bar.
- Killing him will make Underworld hostile, but Charon will talk as if he is still alive.
- Obtaining Charon's contract will lead to Charon killing Ahzrukhal and eliminating a potential vendor for chems and alcohol.
- He is one of only nine named characters in the base game to have "Very Evil" Karma.
- He has a blue looking stubble, similar to Mister Crowley.
- His name is misspelled "Akzrukhal" or "Ahzurkhal" in some of his dialogue.
- "Drink until she's pretty! Ha ha ha ha! Sorry... Ghoul joke. I guess you wouldn't get it."
- "Ghoul, human...I don't care. The caps all spend the same."
- "Your misery, my wealth."
- "Don't you look absolutely... miserable. Pull up a stool and lay down a few caps, tell Uncle Akzrukhal all about it..."
- "Pretty much, I point at something and Charon hurts it. He's the best thug a corrupt bartender could ever ask for. He never bothers me with his own annoying sense of morality."
- "Well now, lookee here. We got us a smoothskin that I ain't ever seen before. I'm Ahzrukhal, and this... this is the Ninth Circle."
Ahzrukhal appears only in Fallout 3.
Sometimes when you inform Charon that you have obtained his contract, he will walk up to Ahzrukhal and do nothing, particularly if Ahzrukhal is asleep. This will prevent you from talking to both Charon and Ahzrukhal. [verified]