“We're talking Stradivarius here. That's one top o' the line fiddle, you dig?”— Three Dog after completion of the quest
|Quest: Agatha's Song|
|Meet Agatha at her house and talk to her to initiate the quest.|
|(Optional) Locate Vault-Tec headquarters.|
|Discover the location of Vault 92.|
|Recover the Soil Stradivarius from Vault 92.|
|Return the Violin to Agatha.||Sell the Violin to another party such as Ahzrukhal or Abraham Washington.|
|Reward: Receive the frequency to Agatha's Station and good Karma.||Reward: 200 caps (300 with a Speech check)|
- Speaking to Agatha rudely on the first encounter will cause her to cease further conversation, making it impossible to take the quest.
- Giving the Soil Stradivarius to Agatha can add an extra video to the game's ending clip (requires good Karma). Completing Head of State by siding with the slavers, however, will prevent it from appearing. The video shows clips of Agatha playing the violin.
- It is possible to convince Agatha to provide the key to the ammunition box next to her at the beginning of the quest, which holds numerous types of ammunition including a mini nuke and missiles.
- Vault 92 is located near Old Olney, which is known to be a deathclaw nest. There are sometimes three or four deathclaws that wander around the town, and one could end up near Vault 92.
- Using the "Noise Flush" command on one of the security terminals in the Living Quarters of Vault 92, via hacking or pass-code collection from the notes in the area, will kill all the mirelurks in the Living Quarters. However, this does not grant any experience for killing them.
- If Agatha is killed after completing the quest, Three Dog will say on Galaxy News Radio, "Suspect numero uno is you, vault-asshole."
- If the Stradivarius is sold and then reacquired, the quest won't recognize that the violin has been reacquired, and the only option will be to tell Agatha that it has been sold.
- Selling the Stradivarius and then informing Agatha about it will cause her to become very angry and make the accusation of being a "back-stabber", even if there had been no contact with her beforehand (and therefore no way of knowing that she was the instrument's rightful owner, or even that she wanted it).
- Killing Agatha before presenting her with the violin will update the quest, which will then say to find a buyer for the violin. Possible candidates are Ahzrukhal and Abraham Washington (see "Alternatives").
- PC After talking to Agatha and receiving the quest, but before visiting either Vault-Tec headquarters or Vault 92 the quest sometimes skips ahead, giving you credit for discovering the location of Vault-Tec headquarters. This does not seem to affect the quest in any other way. [verified]
- Playstation 3 When awaking Agatha to complete the quest, her head briefly turns upside down. When this happens just tap the talk button again to wake her up. [verified]
- PC If you find alternate means of gaining the information contained in the mainframe, or complete the quest without it, then visit Vault-Tec HQ, the security door (locked) to the mainframe itself will remain locked with no way to open it, even if you gain access to it using all 3 administration terminals located in the building. [verified]
- PC After passing the second speech check, Agatha will "give" you her ammunition box key, but the box will still be locked and the key won't be on your keyring. You can still open the box, but it has a Karma penalty and is considered stealing. [verified]
- Playstation 3 If you manage to destroy the Masterbrain bot without shutting him down and choose to sever the satellite connection, all robots in the area will become docile and will not fight back no matter what you do. Also any robots you have killed will be brought back to life with one bar of health. So it's a good chance to get some free experience with out getting into a fight. [verified]