Background[edit | edit source]
Agatha's relatives have been talented musicians back for several generations, including Hilda Egglebrecht, a resident of Vault 92. At the age of 76, she now is content in practicing her violin in the safety of her home. She is pleasant, friendly, and has been alive long enough that she no longer fears the world outside her doors. Her foremost wish is for someone to assist her in finding her great-great-grandmother's violin.
Agatha married her husband and moved to the house in the wastelands, secluding themselves from the world. Their only tie to the outside was a merchant caravan that occasionally came through. Agatha had little to offer except for her music, but to most merchants, that was payment enough. Her husband passed away a few years before 2277, leaving her alone. Merchants still keep her company, especially Crow, to who she sometimes refers to as "my love" while on the air.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|This character starts quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Agatha's Song: Agatha asks the Lone Wanderer to recover the Soil Stradivarius and music sheets. It is possible to be locked out of this quest if the Lone Wanderer chooses to respond in a mean and disrespectful way.
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
- With a high Charisma, Lady Killer perk or Speech, the player character can obtain her ammunition box key.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If Agatha dies after the Agatha's Song quest's completion, her music and voice can still be heard on Agatha's Station, because, as said in dialogue, her broadcasts are pre-recorded.
- If the Lone Wanderer makes derogatory dialogue choices, Agatha, being peaceful by nature, will strictly order them to leave her house and disallow returning.
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Oh my... it's more beautiful than I could have ever imagined!" – Agatha, referring to the Soil Stradivarius violin
- "Watch the sass, captain sassy-pants!"
- "Oh, absolutely irreplaceable! The Stradivarius violins are as unique as a painting or a sculpture... each one its own work of art. I think the opportunity to use that fine instrument with her fellow accomplished musicians was more than a draw for Hilda. Then, the bombs fell. The Vault was sealed, and my family never heard from her again."
- "Oh my! I didn't know I still had the looks. Well, you just made my day you sweet thing! Let me give you something extra to help you on your way. I have a small amount of ammunition that my husband left behind. A box of odds and ends. I don't think I've opened it in years."
- "You son of a bitch! You know what that thing meant to me! It was a family heirloom. It belonged rightfully in the hands of a musician, someone to appreciate its value, not to exploit it! I can't believe you'd stab an old woman in the back like this! Get out! GET OUT OF HERE THIS INSTANT!"
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Agatha appears only in Fallout 3.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p. 59: "Agatha
Fine music is in Agatha's blood. Her ancestors were all classically trained musicians, and although those days are long gone, she spent her 76 years perfecting the violin until she matched their caliber. She is a kind old woman who feels she is too old to fear the Wasteland. Fate must smile upon her, because she's still alive. She speaks gently and carefully chooses her words, having been well educated. She spends many a lonely night looking out across the dunes and waiting for someone to come along and help her retrieve the Soil Stradivarius, a lost violin that her great-grandmother once owned."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)