|For an overview of Addictol, see Addictol.|
A powerful anti-addiction drug, Addictol is an effective pre-War medicine that works both physically and psychologically to remove both the symptoms of drug abuse and the craving. However, it does not prevent relapse, especially in cases of long-term drug abuse. It generally takes a few hours to work and has a number of side-effects, including nausea.[Non-game 1]
Addictol has the appearance of a small inhaler and cures all addictions upon use. It has the negative effects of -2% food and -5% water. Addictol cannot be crafted.
- Occasionally found in chem boxes.
- Events and quests
- Big Al's Tattoo Parlor: One can be found behind a desk on the main floor.
- Camp McClintock: One may spawn in at the top of the stairs, in the main building, on the shelf.
- Eastern Regional Penitentiary: Two may spawn in the ?.
- Middle Mountain Cabins: Two can be found in open fridges in the cabins. One is on the top shelf, and another is on the bottom shelf of a different fridge.
- Harpers Ferry: One may spawn in the upstairs doctor's office, to the left of the computer terminal in front of the toilet.
- Landview Lighthouse: One can be found inside the house on the second floor, inside a shelf, on the lowest row.
- Mama Dolce's Food Processing: One can be found on the bathroom ground floor.
- Morgantown Airport: One can be found inside the 'Medical Laboratory' hanger, on the ground floor, on the collapsible table in the waiting area behind the first door to the left.
- Poseidon Energy Plant WV-06: One can be found outside, in the same shack as a hazmat suit, within an open filing cabinet drawer on the ground.
- Fallout 2d20 Rulebook p.166: "A powerful and effective pre-War medicine which cleanses the body of the effects of addiction and the withdrawal symptoms that accompany it. It doesn’t, however, prevent subsequent addictions, especially in the cases of long-term or habitual drug abuse. It can take some time to work, especially in severe cases, and tends to have a few side-effects, such as nausea and dizziness, while it is taking effect."