Add-ons or expansions (also called expansion packs) are content created for games that is released separately from the main game release. Downloadable content (DLC) is a specific form of add-on distributed through the internet.
- Operation: Anchorage (January 2009 for PC/Xbox, October for PS3)
- The Pitt (March 2009 for PC/Xbox, October for PS3)
- Broken Steel (May 2009 for PC/Xbox, September for PS3)
- Point Lookout (June 2009 for PC/Xbox, October for PS3)
- Mothership Zeta (August 2009 for PC/Xbox, October for PS3)
Fallout: New VegasEdit
Fallout: New Vegas also features add-ons, with a total of four pre-order bonuses and six add-on packs. The pre-order bonuses were later condensed into the Courier's Stash add-on.
- Dead Money (December 2010 for Xbox, February 2011 for PC/PS3)
- Honest Hearts (May 2011 for PC/Xbox, June for PS3)
- Old World Blues (July 2011)
- Lonesome Road (September 2011)
- Gun Runners' Arsenal (September 2011)
- Courier's Stash (September 2011)
- Automatron (March 2016)
- Wasteland Workshop (April 2016)
- Far Harbor (May 2016)
- Contraptions Workshop (June 2016)
- Vault-Tec Workshop (July 2016)
- Nuka-World (August 2016)
- High Resolution Texture Pack (February 2017, PC only)
Add-ons in Fallout 76 are different from previous games and exist in the form of updates. Due to the online nature of the game, add-ons function as a series of updates spanning a certain period of time featuring new content. All of this content is free and is incorporated into the game. There are a total of six major updates.