A merchant and doctor, she and her bodyguards can be found around the gas station behind the Dino Dee-lite Motel. They move periodically, walking around the pack brahmin at the tent and between both road entrances to the town. She offers healing from radiation, addiction removal, and offers a variety of chems for sale. She also sells weapons such as laser pistols and energy cells and components for mass purified water such as dirty water and glass pitchers.
Interactions with the player character
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is a doctor.|
|This character is a merchant.||Sells: chems and consumables|
- Straus Calls: Ada will provide medical assistance at reduced rates.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Wasteland doctor fatigues
Rawhide cowboy hat
|Laser pistol||Bottle caps
- One of her bodyguards will often remark "Between you and me, I don't think she studied at an accredited institution", with the other noting, "She hasn't paid me anything yet, should I be worried?"
- If the player character has a "Wild Child" reputation in Novac, Ada remarks that "it's great for business" and to "keep it up." She will also provide a discount on her services.
- Killing her does not result in a loss of Karma but killing her bodyguards does.
- "What are the chances of me botching another routine procedure in the same day?"
- "I've gotta hand it to you. You've done good things for Novac, but you've also got 'em a little scared of you. And that's great for business. As long as you keep it coming, I'll get you some things a little cheaper than they should be." – Wild child reputation in Novac
- "Are you sure? You won't be able to read in the dark as well."
- "Darn it! That money was going to help pay to get me some medical training." – The Courier refusing medical treatment from her.
- "Hey, pipe down. We can't talk about that here, out in the open. Oh, you mean you want a cure. Oh." – The Courier asking for help removing an addiction.
- "Let's see... Physically, you're fine. Emotionally... well, I'm not the right kind of doctor for that." – The Courier asking to be healed when nothing is wrong with them.
- "That's not so bad. I'll have you looking good as new. I mean, what are the chances of me botching another routine procedure in the same day?" – After the Courier requests medical care.
- "Yeah, and I need sterile medical supplies. But let's see what I have with me." – The Courier requesting medical supplies.
- "Unless you dipped that in cheese fondue, I'd say it's infected. Let me fix that up for you." – After the Courier requests medical care.
- "Jesus, I don't think that's supposed to just dangle like that. And what the hell is that thing there? It's gonna be expensive. Try not to speak. Just nod yes or no." – After the Courier requests medical care.
Dr. Ada Straus appears in Fallout: New Vegas.
- Courier: "I think I might be addicted to something."
Ada Straus: "Hey, pipe down. We can't talk about that here, out in the open. Oh, you mean you want a cure. Oh."
(Ada Straus' dialogue)
- Courier: "I need medical supplies."
Ada Straus: "Yeah, and I need sterile medical supplies. But let's see what I have with me."
(Ada Straus' dialogue)
- Mercenary 1: "Between you and me, I don't think she studied at an accredited institution."
Mercenary 2: "She hasn't paid me anything yet. Should I be worried?"