|For the "Lasers & Hunting: Acceptable Overkill" magazine, see Guns and Bullets.|
|For a cross-game overview, see laser pistol.|
For a cross-game overview, see laser rifle.
|The following is based on Fallout 76 legacy content.|
Acceptable Overkill is a unique laser gun which was only obtained by completing weekly challenges in Survival mode. The weapon is geared towards sniping and critical shots. It shares modifications with the standard laser gun.
It comes with the following mod configuration:
- Capacitor: Calibrated capacitor
- Barrel: Stabilized long barrel
- Grip: Stabilized stock
- Sights: Long night vision scope
- Muzzle: Beam focuser
- Appearance: Standard
- Legendary 1: 30% more damage against animals
- Legendary 2: V.A.T.S. critical shots do +50% damage
- Legendary 3: +1 Perception.
Acceptable Overkill was a reward for completing the "Kill different kinds of critters" weekly challenge in Survival mode. The requirements were as follows:
- This item was available between July 9-15 and September 17-24, 2019.
- The name of this weapon alludes to the cover of one of the issues of the Guns and Bullets magazines.
- Affected by the Grounded mutation.
- Slain enemies may turn to ash piles. Enemies finished by a critical hit will always turn into ash.