|For an overview of BB gun variants in the Fallout series of games, see BB gun.|
The Abilene Kid LE BB gun is a variant of the standard BB gun, on both sides of the weapon's stock is the inscription "Abilene Kid ~Limited Edition~ 1 of 200." Although it shows no obvious significant differences to the standard version when examined in the Pip-Boy 3000, it has a slightly higher critical chance and a dramatically higher critical damage bonus, boasting an astounding 70 points of added damage for a critical hit. With the Better Criticals perk, a critical hit from the Abilene Kid LE BB gun is on par with one from a sniper rifle, doing 109 damage total compared to the sniper rifle's 113 and if the perk Just Lucky I'm Alive is also picked the critical hit gets a boost of 125% of damage making the Abilene Kid LE BB gun deal 157 points of damage.
Due to its relatively low critical chance multiplier, the Abilene Kid LE BB gun cannot be relied upon to be effective in normal combat without additional critical chance modifiers, such as the Finesse perk or the True Police Stories skill magazine. It can be considered more useful for stealth-based players who can rely on achieving sneak attack criticals regularly, further enhanced by the fact that the weapon is classified as silent.
The Abilene Kid LE BB gun can fire a total of about 495 BBs, the equivalent of 5 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Abilene Kid LE BB gun||4||6.2||1.54||x1.5||70||28||0.1||0.5||100||495||2||500||250||0||1|
- It can be found in Fields' Shack, south-west of Nellis Air Force Base. The shack is right next to the main road leading in to the base. The gun is sitting on one of the shelves on the left wall.
|The following is based on the Wild Wasteland trait and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- If the Wild Wasteland trait is active, the gun will instead be located inside a well that appears in front of the shack. The well appears after talking to Rex upon him saying "aroo" and asking him if someone fell down a well. Doing this will activate a map marker denoting the location of Jimmy's Well.
|End of information based on the Wild Wasteland trait.|
- After obtaining the gun from Fields' shack, it is possible to receive another gun at Jimmy's well by using the Auto-Doc in The Sink in the add-on Old World Blues to add the Wild Wasteland trait.
- If the gun is obtained from Field's shack it will be at 90% health, whereas the version found in Jimmy's well will appear at 100% health.
- Unlike the common BB Gun, the Abilene Kid LE BB Gun can cause decapitations and explosion of limbs.
Behind the scenes
The "Abilene Kid" was the youngest lead role in the 1948 movie 3 Godfathers, William Kearney, played by Harry Carey Jr.
- PC Sometimes the gun will drop through the floor of the shack, or just simply isn't there, rendering it unobtainable in some cases. [verified]
- PC Player character's finger blocks the iron sights if player character is male, but not if player is female. [verified]
- Xbox 360 Sneak attacks with the Abilene Kid LE BB gun will not inflict critical damage unless that attack is a head shot. This tends to happen more often if the target has more DT than the base damage of the weapon. [verified]
- Xbox 360 (Tested at Mojave Outpost) Perform a sneak attack critical on any companion (preferably their head) and knock them unconscious (Hardcore Mode must be off) as soon as they revive do this again and the physics glitch activates hurtling the companion up into the sky and practically out of visual range, they will land nearby. When this was tested on ED-E however, after his landing and revival his antennae were 'broken' hovering over him in different positions. It may be necessary to reload a save in order to fix his appearance, alternatively you can restart the game to fix his appearance. [verified]