The abandoned tent is an unmarked location in the Capital Wasteland, located north of Mason Dixon Salvage and southeast of SatCom Array NN-03d. It is approximately at the midpoint between Mason Dixon Salvage MDPL-21 power station.
The interior consists of a bed, a footlocker, a shelf, and various miscellaneous items. On the shelf next to some ammunition boxes, a copy of Nikola Tesla and You can be found.
- Nuka-Cola Quantum - On a table in the northwestern corner.
- Shishkebab schematics - Outside on a table in a shack to the northwest.
- To the northwest is a shack with the Shishkebab schematics and another Nuka-Cola Quantum on top of the shack. It is possible to get the Nuka-Cola Quantum by jumping from the cliff nearby onto the shack or simply shooting it off the roof.
- The tent also contains a bed and, as the area appears to be undefended, could be used as player housing.
- The interior of the abandoned tent is also present in the resources of Fallout: New Vegas. However, it lacks any connection to the outside world and cannot be exited. It can only be accessed using console commands.
The abandoned tent appears only in Fallout 3.