The abandoned car fort is a small makeshift fort in the Capital Wasteland in 2277. It is located immediately northeast of Shalebridge, northwest of the Five Axles Rest Stop and southeast of SatCom Array NW-07c in the Capital Wasteland in 2277.
Layout[edit | edit source]
As the name suggests, it's a fort constructed of derelict cars on top of a highway. In the car fort, there are some dead raiders (whose corpses may disappear over time), a bed, six ammunition boxes, and a small crate containing random food, water, and chems. There are some mirelurks below the bridge. There is an Enclave outpost that will be nearby after The Waters of Life.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- D.C. Journal of Internal Medicine is located to the south of the car fort, past a wrecked train and an irradiated zone, in between some ant egg clutches, next to the corpse of a raider. The corpse may not appear in all games, but the loot should still be there, albeit a bit harder to spot.
- Stealth Boy in the same spot as the D.C. Journal of Internal Medicine. If the corpse is present, it may need to be moved to reveal the Stealth Boy.
- Tales of a Junktown Jerky Vendor at the car fort next to the northwestern bed.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
The abandoned car fort appears only in Fallout 3.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 The mirelurks below the fort may fly up to the fort's level, allowing them to attack you. [verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 On very rare occasions an Enclave soldier or officer may spawn near the fort before the Enclave become active within the Capital Wasteland. [verified]