98 NAR Regional is a location in the Savage Divide region of Appalachia in 2102. It is the site of a derailed New Appalachian Railway train. It is situated close to the New Appalachian central trainyard.
The site of a terrifying railway accident shortly before the Great War, the 98 NAR Regional transport collided with a military train carrying weapons and robots across Appalachia, blocking the route through the mountains and damaging a Cityliner in the process. The emergency crews had no time to reach the site, as the fateful accident took place just as the bombs dropped. The robots, damaged in the accident, have gone haywire to boot, turning the crash site into a lethal death trap.
Points of interestEdit
- This confusing mass of damaged and overturned cargo cars stretches on and off the rails for quite a bit, protected by rogue robots. Fortunately, the train cars make for excellent cover and keep the robots - excepting eyebots - from being able to corner and kill the player. The open cargo cars typically contain a decent assortment of loot, including a loot trunk, crates of explosives, ammunition boxes, and so on and so forth. One of the red NAR cars also contains the RCX01-A39 duplexer used during Signal Strength.
- The area consists of a derailed train running mostly north to south. There is a central area which is flanked to the west and east by two rows of derailed train cars. The whole area is bisected by a four lane road with cars on both sides. On the west side of the road is a bus which was cut in half when the train derailed, behind that is a sentry bot. A military train car on the west side sits on top a rock outcrop, the car can be entered from below. Inside is the former residents of a survivor containing loot, a bobblehead, and a level 2 safe.
- RCX01-A39 duplexer: Overturned red car at the northern end of the mess.
- Potential bobblehead
- On the small book cabinet near the bed, inside the overturned military carriage lying on top of two other carriages; accessed via the opening underneath.
- Potential magazine
- On or below the spotted couch, inside the overturned military carriage lying on top of two other carriages; accessed via the opening underneath.
98 NAR Regional appears only in Fallout 76.