|For an overview of machine gun models, see Machine gun.|
The Browning M2 (commonly called "Ma Deuce") was designed at the end of World War I by John Browning, responding to the Army Ordnance Department's request for a heavy machine gun capable of being used in anti-aircraft and anti-infantry rounds. Initial design work was completed in 1918, creating a scaled-up M1917 .30 machine gun built around a purpose-built .50 round. The first working units were produced in 1921, using water-cooled barrels, with subsequent development leading to the creation of the M2 in 1932, which would remain in service for decades.
The resulting .50 caliber machine gun combines the rugged design of its ancestor with the extremely powerful .50 round, highly effective against infantry and other soft targets, materiel, lightly armored vehicles, boats, fortifications, and aircraft. Though heavy and cumbersome when used away from a mount, the advent of power armor and the creation of minigun frames for personnel use allowed this venerable weapon to be used by soldiers on foot.
The 50 cal machine gun is a belt-fed automatic heavy weapon chambered for .50 caliber rounds. To be able to use the weapon, the player character must be at least Level 25.
50 cal machine gun Lv 45 (1)
50 cal machine gun Lv 35 (1)
- The Action Hero - A unique 50 cal machine gun given as a Survival mode reward from April 23–29 and August 27 - September 2, 2019.
- Final Word
- Hemlock Holes - South of the white warehouse, near a downed Vertibird, in the back of a destroyed truck.
- One may also appear in a destroyed truck on the road south-east of Clarksburg.
- One can appear northwest of The Retreat, in the back of a sandbag laden truck.
- Random drop from Scorchbeasts.
- Abandoned Bog Town - in the back of a truck on the main road in town.
- The raider vendor bots in Pleasant Valley Station, Sutton Station and Welch Station can sell both the weapon and its plans.
- The vendor bot at Watoga Shopping Plaza can sell the plan.
- Random drop from government aid drops.
Outside of its editor ID, the .50 cal machine gun is listed in the game files as "rifleredding."
- Nifskope model name
- Weapon performance and design in Fallout 76.