| ||For an overview of 5.56mm ammunition types in the Fallout series of games, see 5.56mm round.|
|The following is based on Fallout Tactics and some details might contradict canon.|
The 5.56x45mm round is a rifle cartridge derived from the .223 Remington, originally developed for the M16 service rifle of the United States Army. It is a rimless, bottleneck cartridge that offers tremendous wounding potential under the right condition. Its performance and popularity among military forces endures despite the Great War: By 2287, it has served Americans for over two centuries, from the United States Army to the New California Republic Army.
Weapons using this ammunitionEdit
- 180 rounds can be found in the Peoria underground bunker.
- 1000 cartridges appear for sale at the quartermaster Caligari after the Peoria (mission).
- 110 rounds available from the Beastlord commander in Mardin.
- A Springfield, 52 rounds can be found in one of the chests; another 68 pieces in one of the pots, and 32 more pieces the raider armed with an M-14.
- 240 rounds can be found in St. Louis; 120 rounds in a box with an Enfield rifle, 120 rounds at the Fang Squad death site.
- In Kansas City - 3000 rounds in the church and more than 180 rounds on two super mutants with Avenger miniguns.
- In Osceolla, 180 rounds can be found in a drawer.
- In Junction City, 2830 rounds are available from Reavers.
- In Coldwater, 600 rounds available from deserters.
- In Great Bend, 700 rounds available from five robots.
- In Newton, 120 rounds can be found on three Reaver robots; another 40 rounds on Glenda Close.
- In Buena Vista, 608 rounds can be assembled from six Grail Squad soldiers killed at the entrance to the complex.
- 150 rounds can be bought or stolen from a dealer in the Merchant (special encounter).
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found