The entrance is guarded by two ceiling turrets. Raiders or Gunners will spawn on one side of the building, and robots on the other. When the Sole Survivor approaches, the two factions will usually begin to fight each other.
Inside on the first floor, behind the front desk is a laser tripwire that will trigger an attack by a nearby Protectron; two hostile ceiling turrets are also mounted in the room. A small room behind the desk has an Advanced-locked safe and an Expert-locked security terminal. The terminal controls the Protectron and turrets, and can also unlock the safe.
The elevator to the left will take the Sole Survivor to the rooftop, where a Novice-locked door containing an Expert-locked safe can be found. Standing directly in front of one of two chambers on the rooftop will trigger an alarm, and an assaultron and sentry bot will emerge from the chambers and immediately attack. After defeating both of these robots, pressing the red button in each chamber will open the center chamber, which holds a full suit of power armor.
- Inside the chamber on the rooftop, a full set of power armor can be found. The armor variant scales based on the player character's level. At level 28, X-01 can be found, while at lower levels T-60, T-51, or T-45 may spawn instead. The highest-level variant possible is the X-01 Mk. III, starting at level 36.
35 Court appears only in Fallout 4.
- X-01 power armor to spawn here, it will spawn looking like a suit of T-60, T-51, or even T-45 power armor. However, its tooltip label will indicate that it is X-01.[verified]
There is a chance that if the player character meets the required level for
- Simply entering the armor may fix this problem.
- Removing the fusion core or any of the armor pieces may also resolve this issue.
- If one has visited this location in the past without obtaining the power armor and later returns, the alarms will not sound and the doors will not open, leaving the player character unable to claim the armor.[verified]
- After putting on the armor and walking out of the chamber, the game may freeze.[verified]
- The assaultron may become unable to be targeted or take damage. In V.A.T.S., it appears to be stuck in its chamber, but will attack and kill the player normally.[verified]
- There is a chance the assaultron or sentry bot will not spawn.[verified]
As with many elevators in the game, sometimes, when one enters the elevator to the roof and presses the elevator button, the elevator will close but then run forever. [verified]
- This may be related to the positioning of the player character and/or their companion when starting the elevator. Having your companion get in first and move to the back of the elevator, then issuing the stay command, may prevent the bug from occurring. Jumping around inside the elevator may also cause it to become "unstuck."