The Hauer Premium Show Stopper 12.7mm civic defense round is a large pistol round.
Standard and JHP 12.7mm rounds can be crafted at a reloading bench. A single cartridge requires the following ingredients:
Powder, pistol (12)
12.7mm round (1)
Powder, pistol (15)
12.7mm, JHP (hand load) (1)
Breaking down a standard 12.7mm round yields:
Powder, pistol (10)
Weapons using this ammunitionEdit
12.7mm round, hollow pointEdit
Hollow point bullets mushroom and break up on impact, causing massive trauma on fleshy, unarmored targets. However, this also means they break up when they hit things like armor plate, drastically reducing the weapon's penetrating power.
12.7mm round (junk)Edit
|The following is based on Fallout: New Vegas cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
The Junk Rounds perk from the Dead Money add-on was at one point intended to create ammunition of a special subtype. Called "Junk" or "JNK", these rounds all provided the same modifiers regardless of caliber: 0.75x to Damage and 1.5x to Gun Condition. The rounds remain present in game code but are not placed in any locations, and if somehow obtained cannot be used in any weapons, even those chambered for the correct caliber.
Curiously, the presence of 12.7mm JNK rounds indicates that the perk was to provide a recipe for crafting 12.7mm rounds, though the final version of the perk does not include one. This may be a bug or oversight, similar to 12.7mm ammunition's initial absence from most merchant inventories and the lack of a crafting recipe for the ammunition.
|End of information based on Fallout: New Vegas cut content.|
12.7mm round, JHP hand loadEdit
A new type of ammunition added with the add-on Gun Runners' Arsenal, JHP, or jacketed hollow point, uses a metal-clad bullet that retains most of the damage bonus of ordinary hollow point rounds, but with a less severe armor penalty.
|- Ammunition type||- Weapon Spread modifier|
|- Weapon Damage modifier||- Ammo bonus effects|
|- Target Damage Threshold modifier||- Ammo is craftable|
|- Weapon Condition modifier||- Percentage chance of empty casing, hull or drained cell/pack/tank|
|12.7mm round, standard||x 1||x 1||x 1||x 1||20% chance|
|12.7mm round, junk||x 0.75||x 1||x 1.5||x 1||20% chance|
|12.7mm round, JHP (hand load)||x 1.65||x 2||x 1||x 1||20% chance|
|12.7mm round, hollow point||x 1.75||x 3||x 1||x 1||20% chance|
- Vendortron, moderately low levels.
- Knight Torres, Hidden Valley bunker.
- The arms merchant at the 188 Trading Post semi-regularly sells 12.7mm ammunition.
- You can find 10-30 rounds in the Bloodborne cave. Two twelve round boxes, one by each 12.7mm weapon in the cave.
- Daniel Contreras, Camp McCarran at fairly low levels. Sells in extreme amounts (2,000-3,000 at a time).
- Cliff Briscoe, Novac at higher levels.
- Great Khans, Legionaries, and Fiends will occasionally carry some rounds. Especially Legionaries encountered with 12.7mm weapon after mid level.
- Quartermaster Bardon at Hoover Dam. Sells in extreme amounts (1,000-3,000 at a time).
- The Great Khan armorer will sell these in extreme amounts, from 500 to 3,000 rounds at a time.
- 12.7mm rounds could not be made at the reloading bench prior to patch 220.127.116.11x, and could not be broken down prior to patch 18.104.22.168xx.
- 12.7mm rounds weighed 0.0064 units - one-tenth their current weight - prior to patch 22.214.171.124xx.
- 12.7mm hollow point rounds have the same Pip-Boy image as .45-70 Gov't rounds, not the usual from the regular 12.7mm round.