The 12.7mm fires and reloads like a 9mm, but packs a more serious punch. This pistol has the second highest base damage-per-second of any non-energy pistol in Fallout: New Vegas, bested only by A Light Shining in Darkness. It takes a Guns skill of 75 and a Strength of 7 in order to take full advantage of the weapon. Its only drawback is its rather poor accuracy as it has the highest weapon spread of any pistol in the game, comparable to even some automatic weapons.
The 12.7mm pistol can fire 395 rounds from full condition before breaking.
- 12.7mm pistol silencer - silences the weapon.
- Bloodborne Cave - it can be found on the ground in the last room in-between a skull and a box of 12.7mm ammunition.
- Brewer's beer bootlegging - One has a chance to spawn in the gun cabinet near the cellar door, the key to the gun cabinet can be found under a Big Book of Science.
- Gun Runners - it can be bought from Vendortron from level 11.
- Hidden Valley Bunker - it can sometimes be bought from Knight Torres.
- Hoover Dam - Cassandra Moore carries one in poor condition and some NCR troopers carry them as well in average condition.
- Fiends, Great Khans, Legionary assassins and New California Republic (NCR) troopers are known to sometimes wield 12.7mm weapons. The 12.7mm pistols they use are usually in very poor condition.
- Great Khans - the best place to find Great Khans wielding them is in Red Rock Canyon.
- Legion - they can be obtained from Legion soldiers at The Fort. Veteran legionaries and Decanus sometimes carry at them at high enough levels.
- NCR - the NCR Troopers in the Hoover Dam Visitor Center and Hoover Dam offices carry these even at lower levels, also during the final assault on Hoover Dam, they can be seen wielding the weapon quite frequently.
- White Legs in Honest Hearts will carry them if the player is at a sufficient level.
- During the quest Arizona Killer or You'll Know It When It Happens, the NCR Veteran Rangers that guard President Kimball carry 12.7mm pistols.
- The 12.7mm has the same durability as the less powerful 10mm pistol; it can fire a total of 395 standard rounds before breaking.
- The silencer modification makes possibly the most noise of any silenced weapon due to its large caliber, realistically the target or targets would still hear the bullet, however the game recognizes it as a fully silenced weapon therefore the player can fire and still remain undetected
Behind the scenes
- It is modeled after the 14mm pistol From both Fallout 1 and Fallout 2, the only difference being the magazine does not protrude from in front of the grip. Instead the magazine is reloaded just like the 9mm pistol.
- PC If loading a saved game from the main menu in which you have a 12.7mm pistol equipped and drawn, the reload animation takes twice as long as normal. This can be solved by simply switching to another gun and then back again.
- Xbox 360 For some reason, the gun will sometimes shoot bullets more to the left or right than you originally aimed.