|For a cross-game overview, see submachine gun.|
The 10mm submachine gun is a very lightweight submachine gun that fires 10mm rounds as its name suggests. The weapon and ammo are both rather common, with crafting plans for the gun itself available from the Cold Case quest. 10mm submachine guns are capable of unleashing a spray of bullets at close range, though they lack the ability to fight more distant enemies.
An unmodded 10mm submachine gun is also lighter and more powerful than its pistol counterpart. The weapon lacks a front sight however, forcing aiming to be done solely through the gun's rear sight aperture. The SMG has a built-in folding stock but can take mods for additional stocks.
Short 10mm submachine gun Lv 50 (1)
Short 10mm submachine gun Lv 40 (1)
Short 10mm submachine gun Lv 30 (1)
Short 10mm submachine gun Lv 20 (1)
- Perfect Storm - Reward from the quest Cold Case.
- Old guard's 10mm SMG - Reward from the quest Duty Calls.
- One can be found in the armory of the Fujiniya Intelligence Base, on a shelf behind a maglocked door.
- One can be found in the sub-basement of the Hornwright Industrial Headquarters, on a cabinet across from the stairs near the weapons workbench.
- One can be found in the men's locker room at the indoor pool of Bolton Greens, sitting in front of the lockers past the doorway.
- The crafting plans and the unique variant Perfect Storm are obtained as a reward for completing the quest Cold Case given by Miss Annie at Wavy Willard's Water Park.
- The crafting plans can also be bought from vendor bots across Appalachia.
- Can be picked up as loot from the Scorched (at later levels).
- This weapon lacks any form of a front sight despite one being present on an image promoting an Atomic Shop skin.
- The 10mm SMG's design is visually very similar to the one from Fallout 3.
- In first person view, the player holds the SMG by using their left hand to grip the magazine, but in third person it will hold onto the weapon's handguard.