|For an overview of submachine gun models in the Fallout series of games, see Submachine gun.|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The 10mm SMG is most effective at close-range by unleashing a hail of bullets. However, the SMG is significantly less useful at longer ranges unless assisted by the perk Concentrated Fire. The SMG simply has too much spread to be of much use beyond close-range combat. Another downfall of the SMG is its ammunition consumption; if ammunition is not properly managed, the SMG can eat through 10mm rounds at alarming speeds. With full automatic fire and a 30-round magazine, the SMG is a decent emergency sidearm against most wildlife and unarmored humans, particularly given that 10mm ammo is one of the most plentiful in the game. The SMG is also quite common, making it easy to repair and is recommended to lower level Small Guns users.
Durability[edit | edit source]
The 10mm SMG can fire a total of about 1190 times, the equivalent of 40 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Sydney's 10mm "Ultra" SMG - Relic hunter Sydney's weapon of choice, the Ultra SMG holds an astounding 50 10mm rounds in a single magazine, and deals more damage than the standard SMG.
- Gary 23 exploit or console commands. It can be obtained in the sim through certain equipment packs on the equipment terminal. Sim version - A sim-only version of the weapon which differs only in health, with a whopping 999,250 hit points. Essentially preventing the gun from ever degrading, well over 1500 rounds of ammunition can be fired without it degrading 1%. The weapon is not accessible outside of the simulation without the use of the
- 10mm Alloy Steel Submachinegun - Another version of the weapon was cut from the Operation: Anchorage add-on. Called the 10mm Alloy Steel Submachinegun, it is otherwise identical to the standard 10mm SMG.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|10mm submachine gun||7||70||10||x0.1||7||4||20||1.4||1.5||30||1190||5||330||66|
|Sydney's 10mm "Ultra" SMG||9||90||10||x0.1||9||4||20||1.8||1.5||50||926||5||430||86|
Locations[edit | edit source]
- There are many SMGs in the National Guard depot in low condition.
- Several SMGs can be found inside the L.O.B. Enterprises building in low condition. There's one in the main floor's cafeteria, one on a box in the East Wing, and several in the Archives section.
- Rivet City guards exclusively carry 10mm SMGs.
- occasionally carried by Brotherhood paladins and knights, as well as Brotherhood Outcasts.
- Many slavers carry this weapon. They can be found at the Lincoln Memorial or Paradise Falls.
- Raiders may sometimes be armed with an SMG (especially at higher levels).
- Doc Hoff, Dukov, the child slaver, Michael Masters, Murphy and Robert all carry a 10mm SMG.