With a fully automatic rate of fire and a 30-round magazine, the SMG is effective against wildlife and unarmored humans. 10mm ammo for the weapon is one of the most plentiful in the game and the SMG is also quite common, making it easy to repair. However, it suffers from poor accuracy due a high spread, making it ineffective at longer ranges.
The 10mm SMG can fire a total of about 1190 times, the equivalent of 40 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
- Sydney's 10mm "Ultra" SMG - Relic hunter Sydney's weapon of choice, the Ultra SMG holds an astounding 50 10mm rounds in a single magazine, and deals more damage than the standard SMG.
- Sim version - A sim-only version of the weapon which differs only in health, with a whopping 999,250 hit points, which essentially prevents the gun from ever degrading, well over 1500 rounds of ammunition can be fired without it degrading 1%. It can be obtained in the sim through certain equipment packs on the equipment terminal.
- Operation: Anchorage add-on. Called the 10mm Alloy Steel Submachinegun, it is otherwise identical to the standard 10mm SMG. 10mm Alloy Steel Submachinegun - Another version of the weapon was cut from the
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|10mm submachine gun||7||70||10||x0.1||7||4||20||1.4||1.5||30||1190||5||330||66|
|Sydney's 10mm "Ultra" SMG||9||90||10||x0.1||9||4||20||1.8||1.5||50||926||5||430||86|
- There are many SMGs in the National Guard depot in low condition.
- Several SMGs can be found inside the L.O.B. Enterprises building in low condition. There's one in the main floor's cafeteria, one on a box in the East Wing, and several in the Archives section.
- Rivet City guards exclusively carry 10mm SMGs.
- Occasionally carried by Brotherhood paladins and knights, as well as Brotherhood Outcasts.
- Many slavers carry this weapon. They can be found at the Lincoln Memorial or Paradise Falls.
- Raiders may sometimes be armed with an SMG (especially at higher levels).
- Doc Hoff, Dukov, the child slaver, Michael Masters, Murphy and Robert all carry a 10mm SMG.