|For an overview of submachine gun models, see submachine gun.|
The 10mm submachine gun is a one-handed automatic weapon. Although the in-game description for the 10mm SMG lists a high damage-per-second (DPS), it shares the common weakness of most shotguns and automatic weapons in Fallout: New Vegas in that much of its theoretical power is negated by the damage threshold system. In addition to losing much of its damage, the high spread of this weapon requires the wielder to be at close ranges for all of the rounds fired to impact on the target.
Another downfall of the SMG is its ammunition consumption, as this SMG can eat through 10mm rounds at alarming speeds: emptying its magazine in 3 1/3 seconds. However, with full automatic fire and a 30-round magazine, the SMG is a decent side arm for close quarters combat.
The 10mm submachine gun can fire a total of about 2495 standard rounds, the equivalent of 84 reloads, or 63 reloads when modified with extended magazines, from full condition before breaking.
|Ammunition type||Unmodified||W/ Extended mags|
|Standard, HP & JHP||2495||84||2495||63|
- 10mm submachine gun extended magazines - +10 rounds per magazine.
- 10mm submachine gun recoil compensator - reduces spread by 1.
- Sleepytyme - added in the add-on Gun Runners' Arsenal. It has a suppressor/compensator along with internal modifications that boost the damage and slightly elevate the rate of fire. It also comes with a darker finish and a larger magazine.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|10mm submachine gun||19||171||9||x0.08||19||3||22||2.6||2.2||30||2495||5||2370||474||50||5|
|10mm submachine gun||19||171||9||x0.08||19||3||22||2.6||1.2||40||2495||5||4470||894||50||5|
- Boulder City - Inside the ruins.
- Red Rock Canyon - Several Great Khans, especially the ones who traveled from Boulder City, may have 10mm SMGs.
- Gun Runners - The Vendortron sells them.
- The Tops, New Vegas - Can be found inside a safe in the Penthouse Suite.
- Vault 34 - Multiple 10mm SMGs can be found within the vault armory and the vault itself.
- Can be bought from various merchants and traders throughout the Mojave Wasteland.
- Occasionally found on NCR troopers patrolling the Mojave.
- One of Andy Scabb's thugs carries one.
- Sometimes found on Caesar's Legion soldiers, most reliably on the route to Novac.
- Found from time to time on Viper gunslingers.
- Many Kings gang members carry this weapon.
- Fiends may carry 10mm SMGs, such as in Vault 3.
- Nelson - Dead Sea carries one.
- Zion will carry this. Some tribals in
- lobotomites, though mostly at mid levels. Sometimes found on
- Along with the 9mm submachine gun, the 10mm SMG will not slow one down when equipped.
- Aiming can be difficult, due to the extremely thin circular iron sight and the distance between the rear sight of the gun.
Behind the scenes
Joshua Sawyer: Yes. 10mm weapons seemed more "vaulty"/futuristic in my mind.”— Joshua Sawyer