| ||For an overview of this weapon in the Fallout series of games, see 10mm pistol.|
|The following is based on Fallout Shelter or Fallout Shelter Online and some details might contradict canon.|
The large-framed, gas-operated N99 was selected as the standard issue conventional sidearm of the United States military, following the phaseout of the N80 in 2051. The long-barreled pistol remained in service for 26 years, until the Great War destroyed the United States. The pistol is designed to withstand the most extreme conditions, which was one of the requirements for a new service sidearm. It can also be repaired easily by anyone with even the most basic technical knowledge. This includes both clearing misfeeds and restoring a unit to working condition after long exposure to elements without maintenance.
These features also make it popular with wastelanders, who appreciate the ease of maintenance. It remains a common weapon, as even though many civilian units were ruined, they can easily be restored by anyone with some repair knowledge. Even damaged units can be used reliably, though they will offer subpar performance and jam frequently. The number of manufactured pistols means that parts are easy to come by, however.
The 10mm pistol is a semi-automatic magazine loading handgun featured in Fallout Shelter. Dealing a minimum of 2 damage per attack, it has the second lowest minimum damage output for handguns in the game, just above the .32 pistol and its variants.
- Rusty 10mm pistol
- Enhanced 10mm pistol
- Hardened 10mm pistol
- Armor piercing 10mm pistol
- Lone Wanderer
- Amata's pistol
|Rusty 10mm pistol||2||10||common|
|Enhanced 10mm pistol||2-4||10||common|
|Hardened 10mm pistol||2-5||100||rare|
|Armor piercing 10mm pistol||2-6||100||rare|
- Found by dwellers exploring the wasteland
- Found on quests
- Found in lunchboxes
- Craftable in a weapon workshop
Desk fan (1)
10mm pistol (1)
- According to the game description of the 10mm pistol, it is the most commonly used handgun in the wasteland.
- ↑ The Lone Wanderer: "Your gun is jammed? Can I take a look at it?"
Pek: "Sure, I guess. Can you fix it?"
The Lone Wanderer: "Sure can. Here, just pull this back to clear the chamber."
Pek: "Wow... that's... that's easy. Now at least I can shoot back at those mutant bastards. Are you ready?"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Citadel terminal entries: N99 10mm Pistol: "The 10mm N99 sidearm was standard issue military gear following the phase out of the N80 in 2051. The N99 was known for its ability to survive in the harshest of conditions and in many tests, the weapon was able to reliably be restored to working condition after an extended period of time exposed to hard elements and without maintenance.
The N99 proved to stand up to its claims and as a result, is one of the most common weapons found in use in the Wasteland. While many civilian weapons were ruined beyond use in the exterior conditions following the war, the N99 is commonly able to be easily restored to working order by anyone with the most basic knowledge of firearm mechanics.
However, an N99 in poor condition can often deliver low target and armor penetration, frequent jamming, and greatly reduced accuracy. Fortunately, the weapon was produced in great numbers and units are available for replacement parts."