|For an overview of 10mm pistol models in the Fallout series of games, see 10mm pistol.|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The 10mm pistol is one of the first weapons found inside Vault 111 (after the security baton), located in the overseer's office. The pistol itself does reasonable damage and is great as an early tier weapon. It also allows for a reasonable amount of modifications that further emphasizes its versatility. However, despite being provided with a substantial amount of ammunition in Vault 111, ammunition in the early portions of the game afterward is rare.
Weapon modifications[edit | edit source]
Variants[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Vault 111, in the overseer's office. One will be on the desk and another will be on a shelf next to the case containing the Cryolator.
- Sanctuary Hills, in the shower in the second house on the righthand side when approaching from Vault 111. Further 10mm pistols will usually be found in Sanctuary as random leveled loot.
- Wicked Shipping Fleet Lockup, by a skeleton in the southernmost building.
- Monsignor Plaza, in a closed curio in the upstairs gun shop.
- Hub 360, in the DIA cache that may be accessed from a side alley fire escape and collapsed building debris.
- Can be bought from most weapon vendors and usually from general traders.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Despite the long barrel modification being considered the "standard" for the weapon, the majority of 10mm pistols spawned in the world use the short barrel. This is an anomaly shared with the .44 pistol and the Deliverer.
- If equipped with the long barrel, it bears a close resemblance to the N99 pistol seen in Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas.
- The two 10mm pistols found in Vault 111 both share a rare quality, in that whenever they are picked up, they will automatically be equipped, replacing the currently equipped weapon. This occurs even if the weapons are modded and renamed.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- When the standard magazine mod is detached from a weapon, that mod cannot be re-attached to any 10mm pistol (including the one it came from). In order to remove a different magazine type off a 10mm pistol, either a new standard magazine must be crafted, or a different magazine type must be swapped on to the pistol in order to obtain the desired magazine mod. [verification overdue]