| ||For an overview of 10mm pistol models in the Fallout series of games, see 10mm pistol.|
The 10mm pistol is one of the first weapons received inside Vault 111, found beside the remains of the security personnel along with the baton. The pistol itself does reasonable damage and is great as an early tier weapon. It also provides a reasonable amount of modifications that further emphasizes its versatility, though less than its rival, the pipe pistol. However, despite being provided with a substantial amount of ammunition in Vault 111, ammunition in the early portions of the game is rare, especially when fighting early foes who are mainly equipped with pipe pistols. It is helpful to save the 10mm until needed; using the pipe pistol can prove helpful early on when .38 rounds are plentiful.
- Vault 111, in the Overseer's office. One will be on the desk and another will be on a shelf next to the case containing the Cryolator.
- Sanctuary Hills, in the shower in the second house on the right with the terminal coming from Vault 111.
- Wicked Shipping Fleet Lockup, by a skeleton in the southernmost building.
- Monsignor Plaza, in a closed curio in the upstairs gun shop.
- Hub 360, in the DIA cache that may be accessed from a side alley fire escape and collapsed building debris.
- Can be bought from most weapon vendors.
- Despite the long barrel modification being considered the "standard" for the weapon, the majority of 10mm pistols spawned in the world use the short barrel. This is an anomaly shared with the .44 pistol and the Deliverer.
- If equipped with the long barrel, it bears a close resemblance to the N99 pistol seen in Fallout 3 and New Vegas.
- The two 10mm pistols found in Vault 111 both share a rare quality, in that whenever they are picked up, they will automatically be equipped, replacing the currently equipped weapon. This occurs even if the weapons are modded and renamed.