|For an overview of 10mm pistols, see 10mm pistol.|
The large-framed N99 was selected as the standard issue conventional sidearm of the United States military, following the phaseout of the N80 in 2051. The long-barreled pistol remained in service for 26 years, until the Great War destroyed the United States. The pistol is designed to withstand the most extreme conditions, which was one of the requirements for a new service sidearm. It can also be repaired easily by anyone with even the most basic technical knowledge. This includes both clearing misfeeds and restoring a unit to working condition after long exposure to elements without maintenance.
These features also make it popular with wastelanders, who appreciate the ease of maintenance. It remains a common weapon, as even though many civilian units were ruined, they can easily be restored by anyone with some repair knowledge. Even damaged units can be used reliably, though they will offer subpar performance and jam frequently. The number of manufactured pistols means that parts are easy to come by, however. The N99 10mm pistol may be equipped with a suppressor for more covert applications.
Though it is easily obtained, the pistol is prone to breaking after a short period of use, so carefully-aimed shots are important. Its iron-sights are also slightly misaligned, with the front post being aligned slightly to the left of the center. However, it does benefit from being considered an improved holdout weapon, and can be concealed and taken into weapon-free locations with a Sneak skill of 50 or greater.
The 10mm pistol can fire a total of about 395 standard rounds, the equivalent of 33 magazines, or 25 reloads when modded with extended magazines, from full condition before breaking.
|Ammunition type||Unmodified||W/ Extended mags|
|Standard, HP & JHP||395||33||395||25|
- 10mm pistol extended mags - Increases ammunition capacity (+4).
- 10mm pistol laser sight - Decreases spread by 0.4, and adds laser sight effect.
- 10mm pistol silencer - Silences the weapon.
|The following is based on Fallout: New Vegas cut content.|
- 10mm heavy frame - Cut from the game.
|End of information based on Fallout: New Vegas cut content.|
- Weathered 10mm pistol
- Veronica's 10mm pistol - A unique non-playable 10mm pistol used by Veronica. The only difference between it and the standard 10mm pistol is its usage of companion ammunition.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Weathered 10mm pistol||24||66||2.75||x1||24||17||1.4||0.8||12||545||3||1200||400||0||4|
|Weathered 10mm pistol||24||66||2.75||x1||24||17||1.4||0.4||16||545||3||3350||1116.7||0||4|
- Camp Guardian caves - On the ground in one of the passages.
- Crimson Caravan Company - Can be stolen from the top bunk, inside the barracks.
- Durable Dunn's sacked caravan - Found near a skeleton just northeast of the bridge in the open desert.
- Goodsprings source - In the ammunition box found at the unmarked clifftop encampment to the southwest.
- Gun Runners - Can be bought from the Vendortron.
- NCR Military Police HQ - Can be stolen from a shelf in the armory.
- Nipton Town Hall - Inside the storage room, located behind the mayor's desk.
- Novac - Can be stolen from a table in one of the generic houses.
- Vault 3 - In the recreation area.
- Vault 11 - Can be found on the floor of the entry room, near the skeletons.
- Vault 34 - Several can be found throughout the vault and five more 10mm pistols are located in the armory.
- Carried by Kings gang members.
- NCR trooper MPs often carry then.
- NCR troopers occasionally use them.
- Used by the Jackal gang members, Viper gunslingers, and Scorpions.
- Can be bought off of various merchants.
- One of the thugs guarding Andy Scabb's room carries one.
- Nevada Highway Patrol station - The two Jackals gang members outside of the station will be carrying 10mm pistols.
- Sometimes carried by recruit decani.
- Hopeville missile silo bunker - One can be found next to the body of Martin Retslaf on the second floor of the silo.
Behind the scenes
Joshua Sawyer: Yes. 10mm weapons seemed more "vaulty"/futuristic in my mind.”— Joshua Sawyer
- Sometimes when equipping a 10mm pistol modded with an extended mag, the mag may appear under the trigger. This bug can be fixed by re-equipping the weapon. [verified]
- Sometimes when you equip the 10mm pistol, the laser sight modification may not be activated. To fix this, simply un-equip the pistol and re-equip it. [verified]
- The weapon may also turn invisible while aiming down the sight. [verified]
- If loading a saved game from the main menu in which you have the 10mm pistol equipped and drawn, the reload animation takes twice as long as normal. This can be solved by simply switching to another gun and then back again. [verified]
- Citadel terminal entries; weapon information research database terminal, N99 10mm Pistol
- The Lone Wanderer: "Your gun is jammed? Can I take a look at it?"
Pek: "Sure, I guess. Can you fix it?"
The Lone Wanderer: "Sure can. Here, just pull this back to clear the chamber."
Pek: "Wow... that's... that's easy. Now at least I can shoot back at those mutant bastards. Are you ready?"