|For an overview of 10mm pistol models, see 10mm pistol.|
Standard-issue for Vault 13 security, developed by Colt Firearms prior to the Great War. It proved to be resistant to the desert-like conditions of the post-nuclear wasteland and is a fine example of workmanship and quality construction (at least for the pre-War models.[Non-canon 1]
- The Vault Dweller starts with one.
- Sold in weapons shops in the Hub.
- Ian uses one.
- Carried by raiders.
- Sajag in Klamath can sell them.
- One is on the body of a trapper in the Rat Caves below Klamath. From Keeng Ra'at's chamber, head north to an inlet on the right side of the rock wall.
- Many slavers use them.
- Carried by Iguana Eater.
Behind the scenes
10mm pistol's description was written "Each pull of the trigger will automatically reload the firearm until the magazine is empty" but was intended to say "until the cylinder is empty."[Non-canon 2]
- Vault Dweller's Survival Guide p.5-15: "This is your basic ranged weapon. The 10mm round packs a goodly punch, and the Colt pistol is a fine example of workmanship and quality. It is a single shot weapon only, meaning that every time you pull the trigger, you will fire one, and only one, round of ammunition. The 6520 has no problem feeding hollowpoint ammunition for small game hunting, or armor piercing rounds for larger, bipedal game."
- Question: "The 10mm pistol, although being an automatic, has a revolving chamber, and the description even says "Each pull of the trigger will automatically reload the firearm until the magazine is empty." Why the discrepancy? Miscommunication between the artists and the designers?"
Chris Taylor: "The longer answer: Miscommunication. I think the text was written before the art was done, or the art was redone and the text wasn't updated (it's a little fuzzy). Should be '...until the cylinder is empty.' But I'd probably want to rewrite the description completely."
(Fallout Bible 8)