It is considered to be one of the finest weapons in the world. The single shot is acceptable, comparable to the 6520 pistol, but the burst mode is spectacular! The MP9 is easy to control, and spews 10mm death like no other firearm in its size category. Consequently, it is highly popular among people requiring a powerful but compact source of firepower with low maintenance requirements. This weapon is vital amongst freelance-mercs as it can spew death at close range.
It's capable of semiautomatic and burst mode in two configurations:
Fallout and Fallout 2
Template:Weapon The 10mm SMG is basically a 10mm pistol with burst capabilities. It has the same range, ammo-type and damage range, but with a higher Strength requirement and a much larger magazine. It is an excellent weapon early in the game and can shred unarmored foes. It is very deadly at close range. Ammo can be found almost anywhere.
- A storage room on 3rd floor in Vault 15, near the cave-in. Also carried by the short, rotund assistant of Dr.Morbid in Junktown.
- In Fallout 2, if you have a female character named Buffy, Becky in the Den will give you one (however it is incorectly called UZI in the dialog).
The 10mm SMG in Fallout 3 is most effective at close-range by unleashing a hail of 10mm lead. However, the SMG is next to useless at longer ranges. The SMG simply has too much spread to be of much use beyond close-range combat, though with careful burst placement it can take down targets at medium range. Another downfall of the SMG is its ammunition consumption. If ammunition isn't properly managed, the SMG can eat through 10mm rounds at record speed. With full automatic fire and a 30-round magazine, the SMG is a decent emergency sidearm when enemies start to get too close. The 10mm SMG is especially effective against Feral Ghouls who run at you and three well aimed bursts in V.A.T.S. aimed at the head will take it clean off. It is also an effective emergency weapon against Yao Guais or, in a pinch, Deathclaws, as the reasonable V.A.T.S. targeting even at medium range (Especially at mid-high levels) and high rate of fire gives it the chance to saw into these beasts and hopefully save you from a grisly death.
- This weapon may be obtained in Dukov's Place if you kill Dukov.
- Doc Hoff carries a 10mm SMG.
- Many Slavers carry this weapon. Find them at the Lincoln Memorial or Paradise Falls.
- Raiders may sometimes be armed with a SMG (especially at higher levels). One such Raider can be found in the Super Duper Mart.
- There are many SMGs in the National Guard Depot. (Note that these are all in (very) bad condition.)
- Rivet City guards often carry the 10mm SMG. Pushing the door guard off the side of the bridge is an effective way to get extra SMGs and ammo.
- The 10mm SMG was one of the weapons chosen to be re-skinned in the Operation: Anchorage add-on.
- The 10mm SMG loosly resembles the Czechoslovakian Škorpion vz. 61 SMG, but mostly resembles a Heckler & Koch MP-10