.50 caliber ball ammunition is a half-inch lead ball used in muzzleloading weapons. A separate charge of black gunpowder must also be loaded, although no gunpowder will be consumed when using any weapon that fires this ammunition.
Known by default
.50 caliber ball (5)
Weapons using this ammunition
- Crafted at a tinker's workbench.
- Purchased at an Ammo Converter at rate of 5 balls 150 AmmoPoints.
- Commonly found at Civil War-themed locations, including:
- Some vendors may sell this ammunition.
- Sold by ammunition vending machines.
With the Ammosmith perk or Ammo Factory legendary perk, the crafted amount of .50 cal balls increase incrementally, coinciding with the perk's added percentages, crafting more balls for the same amount of materials.