|For an overview of .45 rounds, see .45 caliber.|
The .45 Auto is an effective pistol cartridge for use against soft, unarmored targets. It combines accuracy and good stopping power, with low visibility and moderate recoil. They were manufactured before the Great War by Circle G under their "High Velocity" brand, and are in green box.
.45 round (10)
Weapons using this ammunition
- Submachine gun
- Pipe revolver
- Combat rifle
- Pipe gun (after conversion)
- Overseer's Guardian
- Spray n' Pray
- Radium rifle
- Kiloton radium rifle
- Radical Conversion
- A box of 22 rounds can be found on a shelf next to the toolbox in the root cellar.
- A box of 16 rounds can be found at the base of the transmission tower near the ranger cabin.
- A box of seven rounds can be found near a makeshift firing range north of Sanctuary Hills.
- Two individual rounds can be found just below the large container fort at Big John's Salvage. One is on a makeshift wooden shelf, and the other is on the ground directly next to it.
- Two individual rounds can be found at Commonwealth Weaponry in Diamond City. One is on a metal shelf behind the counter, and the other is on a table inside Arturo's living quarters.
- One round can be found on the walkway of a billboard east of Thicket Excavations.
- One round can be found in a shattered display case inside the gun shop at Monsignor Plaza.
- One round can be found on tables upstairs at the Cooke residence in Diamond City.
- One round can be found on Marowski's desk at the Hotel Rexford in Goodneighbor.
- Can be bought from almost every merchant in the Commonwealth.
- Can be commonly found on enemies such as raiders, Gunners, and Triggermen.
- Oftentimes seen in reasonable amounts in ammo boxes.
Although the .45 round is portrayed as a short pistol round on its editor model, shell casings, and box art, the rounds used in the pipe bolt-action, pipe gun, pipe revolver and radium rifle are visually much longer, similar in dimension to the .45-70 round.