The .45 Auto pistol is a single-action, semi-automatic, magazine-fed handgun that utilizies .45 Auto ammunition. While the .45 AP Improved sights modification was cut from the game, the sights are still present on the weapon's default model (pre and post modified versions). This gives the .45 Auto pistol luminescent sights, and as such is very effective in caves and dark areas.
Furthermore, it is considered an improved holdout weapon, and can be concealed and taken into weapon-free locations so long as your sneak skill is 50 or greater. It is also the strongest silenced hold-out weapon that can be brought into weapon-free locations once the AP silencer mod has been added.
The .45 Auto pistol can be repaired by copies of itself and it's variants or any semi-automatic pistol with the Jury Rigging perk.
According to Joshua Graham, it is based off of a 400-year-old design.( probably reffering to Samuel Colt's "Colt 1911"). Which was greatly used in WWII and is still vary popular today with law enforcment, military,and also used by many civilians. This weapon has vary close similarities to the game pistol.
|The following is based on Fallout: New Vegas cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- .45 AP improved sights - it appears as though there may have been an "upgraded iron-sight" mod available for this weapon but it was cut from the final release, and the weapon's default model uses them instead.
|End of information based on Fallout: New Vegas cut content.|
- A Light Shining in Darkness, a unique, customized pistol used by Joshua Graham.
- Joshua's Pistol Whippin' .45, is a unique non-playable variant used by Joshua Graham. It differs from A Light Shining in Darkness by being used as a melee weapon.
- Follows-Chalk's .45 Auto pistol, a unique version is used by Follows-Chalk. It only differs from the standard pistol in its use of companion ammunition and possession of unmodified iron-sights.
- It can be purchased from the Gun Runners, Great Khans, Chet from Goodsprings, etc. after returning to the Mojave Wasteland.
- It can be purchased from Joshua Graham.
- Four can be stolen from Joshua Graham's desk in Angel Cave. It is easiest to do this undetected by using the grab key to bring in to an unoccupied area, then taking it.
- There is one of good condition in a footlocker behind Joshua Graham in Angel Cave.
- One is given as a reward in perfect condition by completing the quest Bighorners of the Eastern Virgin.
- They are sometimes found on the bodies of White Legs, though they are not seen using them while alive.
- Xbox 360 Sometimes, when both modifications are attached to the .45 Auto pistol, it will not show in first person view while in the Mojave Wasteland.
- Playstation 3 If both mods are attached and you use a repair kit on it, the weapon stops degrading from use.[verification overdue]