|For an overview of .44 round models, see .44 Magnum.|
The powerful .44 Magnum round was originally developed for revolvers and then adapted for pistols and even rifles. It is a large-bore cartridge delivering a heavy, sizable bullet at very high velocities. Its excellent stopping power and range results in plenty of recoil and a distinctive muzzle blast. However, it remains well suited for any inhabitant of the wasteland needing a round capable of stopping monsters, human or otherwise.[Non-game 1]
The .44 round is a powerful rimmed centerfire cartridge produced by Circle G ammunition. The ammunition came packaged in fifty round bright blue and orange boxes. .44 rounds are used exclusively by the most powerful per shot cartridge firing pistols in the game.
- Standard .44 rounds
Known by default
.44 round (15)
- Ultracite .44 rounds
Learned from plan/recipe
Plan: Prime .44 receiver OR
Plan: Prime single action revolver receiver OR
Plan: Prime western revolver receiver
Ultracite .44 round (60)
Weapons using this ammunition
- Crafted at a tinker's workbench.
- Purchased at an Ammo Converter at rate of 15 rounds of standard .44 for 200 AmmoPoints.
- Inside Hornwright air purifier site 03.
- Sold by ammunition vending machines.
- Some vendors may sell this ammunition.
- With the Ammosmith perk or Ammo Factory legendary perk, the crafted amount of rounds increase incrementally, coinciding with the perk's added percentages, crafting more rounds for the same amount of materials.
- Despite being a rimmed cartridge, the .44 cartridge model is depicted as being rimless.
- Fallout 2d20 sourcebook, pg. 93: "The powerful .44 Magnum round was originally developed for revolvers. Its excellent stopping power makes it well suited for any inhabitant of the wasteland needing a round capable of stopping monsters, human or otherwise. All this is limited mainly by the scarcity of these rounds"