| ||For an overview of .44 magnum revolver models in the Fallout series of games, see .44 magnum revolver.|
This revolver boasts the highest damage per action point of all single-shot weapons available from the early to the late-mid stages of the game. Its main strengths are the low AP cost of 4 per shot in lieu of the standard 5, and the powerful .44 magnum JHP round. This ammunition increases the weapon's damage on soft (unarmored) targets by over 60%, to an average of 24.42 Hit Points, while an average critical to the eyes (with a critical roll of 50) will average 72 HP.
The weapon's weakness is its short range of only 15 hexes. This can be improved, to a degree, by modifying the weapon with a speed loader which, in addition to lowering the AP cost of reloading, curiously also adds 5 hexes to its range. Even with the modification, the weapon's range remains its main handicap.
- Flick in the Den sells this weapon, as does Happy Harry in Vault City.
- A drug dealer in New Reno (Virgin Street, turn right at the Desperado and walk north, he looks like a long-haired man in a leather jacket) has this gun and some JHP ammunition for it.
- Eldridge, the arms dealer in New Reno occasionally carries two, and will attach a speed loader for free.
- Sometimes the Red 888 Guns will carry them.
- This weapon is incredibly cheap for its combat value. At only 600 caps, it is the second cheapest pistol in the game.
Behind the scenes
The item's description is a reference to Clint Eastwood's iconic line in Dirty Harry.